Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I found it surprising to but I was told that. But one championship coach said he was the best player in the state.

Asking because I know nothing about Smith- but is he an intelligent, "floor general" type player? If so, of course you want him on board. When is the last time we had that on the floor at IU?

Just now, hoosierbannerd said:

Asking because I know nothing about Smith- but is he an intelligent, "floor general" type player? If so, of course you want him on board. When is the last time we had that on the floor at IU?

Not sure about your first question but re: the second question, Yogi. 

6 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

I don’t know either. 

10 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

Yes, he’s a great passer and shooter. He can facilitate for others while running the point. He averaged 6.2 assists per game.

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don’t know either. 

I’ve watched him play several times and I definitely think the Jordy comparison is fair. He’s not as lethal from 3 as Jordy was but hits a at a high clip but definitely has the competitiveness and leadership that Jordy had. Very high IQ kid and I think we’ll be kicking ourselves if we miss out on him. This is the type of kid that Archie seemed to never be able to lock down or even make an offer to, that probably could’ve cooled his seat a little.

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I don't know about it being good since everything he has done since his playing days in basketball has not worked out well.

His Champagne  is kind of interesting 

3 minutes ago, Southside said:

So, any new flight plans today?

Yeah!  I'm checking flights to Hawaii after stopping in San Diego for 2 weeks!  That is after the pandemic settles somewhat.  Thanks for asking.

Waiting for the NCAAT to decide between coaches.  Heck of a selection committee. Thinking Baylor...because some defense is good...and a little more team play than others...maybe.  Gonzaga just has to be beaten...and we went for Few years ago.  Or so rumors had it.

This could drag out about 15 or 16 more days.

Besides, watch the IU women's team!

13 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Yes, he’s a great passer and shooter. He can facilitate for others while running the point. He averaged 6.2 assists per game.

Hell, if he can actually shoot the ball and make baskets, sign him up. IU could use a few.

55 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Well Chris both liked my message saying it was a troll, and then also liked other replies that said he wasn't. Who knows! I'm not accusing him of lying by the way, more questioning the source. IU wouldn't have to make Braden Smith the "#1 target"; they could simply offer him and he'd commit. I don't think that would be a very long recruitment in that scenario. 

I don’t want to speak for others but I thought that the original conversation around this was that IU had contacted him saying he was #1 target and that Stevens was 90% going to be the coach. Providing more proof that we had or were close to having Stevens. I may be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Yeah!  I'm checking flights to Hawaii after stopping in San Diego for 2 weeks!  That is after the pandemic settles somewhat.  Thanks for asking.

Waiting for the NCAAT to decide between coaches.  Heck of a selection committee. Thinking Baylor...because some defense is good...and a little more team play than others...maybe.  Gonzaga just has to be beaten...and we went for Few years ago.  Or so rumors had it.

This could drag out about 15 or 16 more days.

Besides, watch the IU women's team!

Head down to o'Mexico instead of Hawaii. Mo fun.

14 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I sure hope so!!!

The national media guys plus Peegs and Jeff Rabjohns have been suggesting Moser is the guy as if it's potentially almost a done deal. Smoke from various sources and Dolson's description of what he wanted say otherwise. I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

3 minutes ago, HankTheDeuce said:

The national media guys plus Peegs and Jeff Rabjohns have been suggesting Moser is the guy as if it's potentially almost a done deal. Smoke from various sources and Dolson's description of what he wanted say otherwise. I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

I hope it's all a smokescreen.

If it ends up being Porter Moser, Mike Woodson, Michael Lewis, Calbert Cheaney, or Steve Alford I'm about to be the biggest fair weather fan out there.  No way will I follow the program as closely as I have in the past if the job goes to a flash in the pan coach, or former player who no one else would want as their coach.

This hire has a chance to inject so much life into our program, and none of the above guys do that.

5 minutes ago, HankTheDeuce said:

Someone better start looking a IL flights.