Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

33 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

Weren't there whispers of the athletic department under Glass influencing which players Archie went after in recruiting? Does no one find it odd they are reportedly doing the same thing now with Smith when we don't have a coach?

I like Braden Smith a lot, but it should 100% be up to the next coach whether or not he's our "first priority"

The thing is Braden Smith fits what Brad had at Butler to a T. So I could see it. 

35 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

Weren't there whispers of the athletic department under Glass influencing which players Archie went after in recruiting? Does no one find it odd they are reportedly doing the same thing now with Smith when we don't have a coach?

I like Braden Smith a lot, but it should 100% be up to the next coach whether or not he's our "first priority"

I'm pretty sure Chris was trolling with the Braden Smith mentions.

Well Chris both liked my message saying it was a troll, and then also liked other replies that said he wasn't. Who knows! I'm not accusing him of lying by the way, more questioning the source. IU wouldn't have to make Braden Smith the "#1 target"; they could simply offer him and he'd commit. I don't think that would be a very long recruitment in that scenario. 

4 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Well Chris both liked my message saying it was a troll, and then also liked other replies that said he wasn't. Who knows! I'm not accusing him of lying by the way, more questioning the source. IU wouldn't have to make Braden Smith the "#1 target"; they could simply offer him and he'd commit. I don't think that would be a very long recruitment in that scenario. 

Well he mentioned the recruit thing last week, but never said the name of the recruit.  He was definitely not trolling. 

We always mention a donor offering to pay the $10 million for a buyout and some write that off as no big deal. But I still see that as a big deal meaning we had a plan. But we never mention it was said by Dolson we had another donor lined up to handle the other side of this deal which is hiring a new coach. Fine you can say it’s no big deal a donor agreed to pay for Archie to leave because it was time. But I don’t believe the other donor is going to agree to pay for the new coach without knowing where his money is being spent ahead of time. That tells me there was a plan and Dolson had his guy before any of this went down. 

7 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

Celtics start a 7 game, two-week homestand tomorrow. If news is going to break, presumably it comes during that stretch (unless you believe this is going to stay silent until May/June).

Celtics play Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. IU ladies play tomorrow night, so I doubt anything breaks tomorrow.

Final Four Saturday/Monday.

Whoever next head coach is, I would imagine Tuesday at the earliest for announcement. I would have to think the following Tuesday/Wednesday at the latest.

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Celtics play Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. IU ladies play tomorrow night, so I doubt anything breaks tomorrow.

Final Four Saturday/Monday.

Whoever next head coach is, I would imagine Tuesday at the earliest for announcement. I would have to think the following Tuesday/Wednesday at the latest.

I doubt that the women's game would get in the way of an announcement tomorrow if Brad and the Celtics wanted to announce the transition then. But otherwise agree.

Edited by IU Prof

Just now, IU Prof said:

I doubt that the women's game would get in the way of an announcement tomorrow if Brad and the Celtics wanted to announce the transition then.

Not from the IU side. We don’t want to overshadow a great women’s team.  They look legit. 

2 minutes ago, goonaha said:

I found it surprising to but I was told that. But one championship coach said he was the best player in the state.