Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

I think he didn't hire a search firm because everybody was complaining about hiring search firms before and the way things have worked out. I think it was just simply trying to say all the right things like they all do.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Danomatic said:

I want Stevens as bad as the next guy, but logically, this doesn’t add up. Hope I’m wrong... I really hope I’m wrong, but this sounds like some Indiana version of Qanon - gibberish. 

Maybe less Q and more Wall Street Bets which was, and still is, a wild fun ride. This is fun stuff. I love the Stevens news and it's not over until another coach is named. But logic tells us the 10 mil was simply to get Archie out of the building ASAP. There was no grand plan. Dolson called and got a no from Stevens and now he's making calls to see if anyone else is interested. I'm starting to feel Mike Lewis once UCLA loses. But I'll continue to be here for the Stevens stuff until that happens. 

7 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

Maybe less Q and more Wall Street Bets which was, and still is, a wild fun ride. This is fun stuff. I love the Stevens news and it's not over until another coach is named. But logic tells us the 10 mil was simply to get Archie out of the building ASAP. There was no grand plan. Dolson called and got a no from Stevens and now he's making calls to see if anyone else is interested. I'm starting to feel Mike Lewis once UCLA loses. But I'll continue to be here for the Stevens stuff until that happens. 

This! It’s been one heck of a ride and has given us all something to root for, since we didn’t have a dog in the fight this tourney.

What if....
Dolson’s comment of you won’t hear from me again until the coach announcement was said because he already had Stevens but knew it was going to be a couple months before he could announce?  

I still contend that a donor doesn’t write a $10 million dollar check without knowing who the replacement is.  The only part of this whole thing that makes me think it’s not him is the Stevens mass hole press conference comments.
I had this very thought this morning

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, lillurk said:

If you grant the timing is hard to figure, there’s nothing implausible about this idea whatsoever.

That and the fact that Brad went way over the top with the Masshole thing. But otherwise, I would agree, even though I'm still pretty skeptical.

8 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I was told a better Jordan Hulls. I’ve never seen the kid play. Him & Gunn plus whoever is a good start 

Good way for Brad to start off with his first Indiana HS commit.......Lord willing.

Weren't there whispers of the athletic department under Glass influencing which players Archie went after in recruiting? Does no one find it odd they are reportedly doing the same thing now with Smith when we don't have a coach?

I like Braden Smith a lot, but it should 100% be up to the next coach whether or not he's our "first priority"

1 minute ago, IU Prof said:

That and the fact that Brad went way over the top with the Masshole thing. But otherwise, I would agree, even though I'm still pretty skeptical.

Right, but if you parse “I’m not considering...” followed by the rest of what he said, seems possible it was carefully worded to 1. spike the rumors (check) and 2. avoid saying “I’m not leaving” or “I’m not taking the job.”

I have some skepticism, too, and I think we’ll be fine if it’s Muss or something.

10 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

Weren't there whispers of the athletic department under Glass influencing which players Archie went after in recruiting? Does no one find it odd they are reportedly doing the same thing now with Smith when we don't have a coach?

I like Braden Smith a lot, but it should 100% be up to the next coach whether or not he's our "first priority"

As of right now....we currently don't have a coach. And when we get one, he will behind the 8 ball for this cycle. Things can always change when a dude gets here. This just allows a smoother transition. Also, Chris said the #1 priority thing came from the kid's dad. Could easily just be dad speak. 

4 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

No. Glass just wanted him to keep Creans class in fold. Nobody told Miller who to recruit. 

27 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

If he hadn’t gon way over the top with the MassHole thing the chatter would have been pretty high..... for example we still think he’s coming and he loves the patriots

Can someone elaborate?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app