Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

5 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

I heard Wright, Donovan and John Wooden will be on the same staff according to the National Media

The Hoosiers are zeroing in on Steve Kerr. I heard it from @Treesh. Rock solid info. Would’ve been Pop but he needs a dry southern climate. Failed his physical due to humidity.

Edited by GreatMcCracken’sGhost

Sorry if brought up already, but is it plausible that we’re waiting for UCLA to lose?  Stevens and Lewis announced on Monday or sometime this week (assuming UCLA loses tomorrow)?   Lewis is associate HC and will handle team for time being and Brad will join when Celts are done?  

Edited by 12345Brad

2 minutes ago, 12345Brad said:

Sorry if brought up already, but is it plausible that we’re waiting for UCLA to lose?  Stevens and Lewis announced on Monday (assuming UCLA loses tomorrow)?   Lewis is associate HC and will handle team for time being and Brad will join when Celts are done?  

Anything is possible! That would make some sense though because Lewis is one of the few guys Brad has connections too that’s still in college coaching that could warrant that type of role. 

2 minutes ago, 12345Brad said:

Sorry if brought up already, but is it plausible that we’re waiting for UCLA to lose?  Stevens and Lewis announced on Monday (assuming UCLA loses tomorrow)?   Lewis is associate HC and will handle team for time being and Brad will join when Celts are done?  

Doubtful this would be the reason.  Only reason for a holdup would be on the Celtics/Brad's end, if he were coming. I still think it's an incredible long shot at this point, but would love to be surprised. 

1 minute ago, tyappleg said:

Doubtful this would be the reason.  Only reason for a holdup would be on the Celtics/Brad's end, if he were coming. I still think it's an incredible long shot at this point, but would love to be surprised. 

Yeah. Im grasping at this point.  But if it is still alive ... there’s no way he can let it go until June unannounced as people have said.   I’m just grasping and speculating - maybe he has a lead assistant / associate HC lined up and parts of a staff ready ... but they’re still in tourney.        And they can take reins until June.  

Completely holding my breath here for anything!

2 hours ago, IU Prof said:

No offense to Chris, but I don't buy the Boca meeting, at least not on that timetable. There were flights from Bloomington and Boston to Boca arriving around the same time that Friday. And the plane that flew from Bloomington to Boca ended up flying to Boston later that day. Problem is the flight didn't get in until 6, and nothing else left Boca before then for Boston.

Plus there were also reports that Stevens was at the shoot around that morning, called a team meeting for 3 pm, etc.

So there is no way the timing was such that they met in Boca and two hours later he gives the masshole press conference. Unfortunately that just wasn't possible.

Now is it possible that meeting occurred on another day? Sure. But not that Friday. 

I thought the same thing initially — that from a logistics standpoint it wasn’t possible. However, I think it is entirely possible that Dolson flew to Boca to be in the same room with Pfau and any other heavy hitters involved in this meeting so as to show a united front, strategize beforehand, etc. and BS simply attended the meeting via Zoom. Given he clearly takes the NBA’s COVID mandates seriously and such, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that when someone reports back to 007 and says everyone “left” the meeting happy, it doesn’t necessarily mean everyone physically up and walked out of a room all smiles and rainbows. I personally have a half dozen Zoom meetings a day and when I speak about such meetings to clients or partners, my verbiage is the same as if I attended a live meeting in-person. Just my 2 cents and what I’m choosing to believe so I can continue to talk myself into connecting dots to make the BS dream a reality. 

I want Stevens as bad as the next guy, but logically, this doesn’t add up. Hope I’m wrong... I really hope I’m wrong, but this sounds like some Indiana version of Qanon - gibberish. 
Yep

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, mdiu28 said:

Not to get anyone's hopes up and I still don't think Brad comes but everything that has happened would point to Brad/Scott wanting this to be incredibly airtight as Chris mentioned. The players entering the portal stands out to me.

Scott clearly hasn't even told them about what's going on. Maybe TJD. But even with him it was probably a "just wait, Trayce...." which would explain why our best player hasn't entered the transfer portal yet. His entire team is entering and he hasn't. Why not?

Because if he plays another year of college ball it will be at Indiana or he will be going pro. No need to enter the portal.

2 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

What if....

Dolson’s comment of you won’t hear from me again until the coach announcement was said because he already had Stevens but knew it was going to be a couple months before he could announce?  

I still contend that a donor doesn’t write a $10 million dollar check without knowing who the replacement is.  The only part of this whole thing that makes me think it’s not him is the Stevens mass hole press conference comments.

Dolson also said  they won't be hiring a search firm which  makes me think they have their guy. 

23 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

What if....

Dolson’s comment of you won’t hear from me again until the coach announcement was said because he already had Stevens but knew it was going to be a couple months before he could announce?  

I still contend that a donor doesn’t write a $10 million dollar check without knowing who the replacement is.  The only part of this whole thing that makes me think it’s not him is the Stevens mass hole press conference comments.

I agree with you. But why couldn’t Stevens have given a more mild response if he is actually interested in the job?

And why are all the national media guys so certain he never considered the job? Good thing we have Billy Donovan as a backup plan.

Just now, KnightsChair said:

I agree with you. But why couldn’t Stevens have given a more mild response if he is actually interested in the job?

And why are all the national media guys so certain he never considered the job? Good thing we have Billy Donovan as a backup plan.

Perhaps because there was a lot of smoke so he wanted to appear to put out the fire?   Remember we were told to be prepared for denials.

Most national media is a joke so I pay little attention to their input anyways.

2 minutes ago, KnightsChair said:

He did and the rumors got worse. Could be something contractual that he can’t leave to go back to college until end of season and a team fighting for a playoff spot doesn’t need 3 months of speculation.