Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 hour ago, IUguy77 said:

Here’s another thing to think about. If Chris007 got info when things were good then it would seem he would also have gotten info that things had turned bad or deal was off. But instead he says things have just went quiet. That sounds like people wanting to kill the talk. 

Or could it gotten quiet because he turned us down 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Or could it gotten quiet because he turned us down 

Just now, Hooserfan1901 said:

If it wasn’t a raise that made Stevens go quiet, I would guess there is some contract obligation, where he couldn’t leave. Also, I agree with Spe about his kids not wanting to leaving in the middle semester and waiting until like May/June.

I tend to think those in the know might have heard if we’d been turned down.

No reason he can’t move here to get started before the family comes later. 

Just now, SteelerHoosier said:

Yes. Gonzaga reached out plus some other big time programs. One high school coach who won state a couple of years ago told me a month ago he was the best player in the state. Couldn’t believe no big schools hadn’t offered 

Just now, lillurk said:

That is true too, but he probably doesn’t want to leave his kids and wife in Boston for remaining semester

Just now, Hooserfan1901 said:

That is true too, but he probably doesn’t want to leave his kids and wife in Boston for remaining semester

Delaying coming for an extra couple weeks is preferable as a family, for sure. Maybe that helps explain the wait. Again boosts my theory that we’ll know SOMETHING in ~10 days

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes. Gonzaga reached out plus some other big time programs. One high school coach who won state a couple of years ago told me a month ago he was the best player in the state. Couldn’t believe no big schools hadn’t offered 

Yikes, that doesn't inspire me a whole lot, unless they are speaking of number 1 target for Indiana.  I would hope we would reach out to 5 stars right away.

16 minutes ago, iubb said:

I would think as more players enter the transfer portal they would At least be told they are going all in on Stevens so the risk of them bolting is lower right?@Chris007

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The players will still be enrolled at IU and not another school until the end of the semester. So even if they commit to another school I think they can still back out. It's not as though they sign another NLI. So that gives IU some time.

38 minutes ago, KnightsChair said:

If we are planning to wait, it sure seems like we’re putting all of our eggs in one basket. In Dolson we trust.

For the ones that thought Donovan was coming last time people blamed Glass for not waiting on Donavan 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I generally don't like to pester folks in the know, but I am curious about what a poster said earlier regarding a "hard no". Wouldn't someone whether yours or other sources stated clearly that BS had said no formally behind the scenes? Because that doesn't seem to have happened, just "The Masshole Conspiracy Conference" (i have trademarked that), then silence from all involved. With all the other rumors, whether goodman or rabs, its "i have solid source that this/that happened", I don't recall anyone saying that beyond the BS public comments. Hope that makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, Mike McCoy said:

4 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I generally don't like to pester folks in the know, but I am curious about what a poster said earlier regarding a "hard no". Wouldn't someone whether yours or other sources stated clearly that BS had said no formally behind the scenes? Because that doesn't seem to have happened, just "The Masshole Conspiracy Conference" (i have trademarked that), then silence from all involved. With all the other rumors, whether goodman or rabs, its "i have solid source that this/that happened", I don't recall anyone saying that beyond the BS public comments. Hope that makes sense. I have never heard a hard no or anyone brought it up. I’m pretty sure that Peegs talking about pulling a rabbit out of their hat was talking about Stevens. Their hearing it now. 

10 minutes ago, lillurk said:

My thing is I don't believe a lot of these guys have a lot of inside info.  I fell for it 4 years ago with Donovan and last week with Stevens so I am not going to get fooled again.

8 minutes ago, Mike McCoy said:

Yikes, that doesn't inspire me a whole lot, unless they are speaking of number 1 target for Indiana.  I would hope we would reach out to 5 stars right away.

Smith is no way near a 5 star player

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

My thing is I don't believe a lot of these guys have a lot of inside info.  I fell for it 4 years ago with Donovan and last week with Stevens so I am not going to get fooled again.

Sure, that’s fine. The only insider or journalist I saw really push Donovan was Justin Albers. I’ve been around here awhile and have an idea who to trust, but I also think the insiders here have been pretty transparent.

1 hour ago, IUguy77 said:

Here’s another thing to think about. If Chris007 got info when things were good then it would seem he would also have gotten info that things had turned bad or deal was off. But instead he says things have just went quiet. That sounds like people wanting to kill the talk. 

Yes, because Dolson has told people to ST*U!!!

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.".... Dubya