Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Ned Pfau and his family put up the money for the new golf course. The agreement was IU will pay Stevens 3.5 million and Pfau will pay 3.5 million a year for 7 years.

I’m clueless on this but is this actually allowed? Where a private donor/booster pays half the coach’s salary? 

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I’m clueless on this but is this actually allowed? Where a private donor/booster pays half the coach’s salary? 

I think it is. Many schools have "endowed" coaching roles, where some donor gets their name before the title of head coach on the school website.

It would probably be a $3.5 million donation to the athletic department, earmarked for HC salary.
Right. They'd still have it on the books as $7M from IU but the donor would cover half that. How I'd assume it would go.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, goonaha said:

I think it is. Many schools have "endowed" coaching roles, where some donor gets their name before the title of head coach on the school website.

Yep, Harbaugh is introduced as “(Family Name) Michigan Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh”

Goofiest thing ever, but get that money, I guess. 

Yep, Harbaugh is introduced as “(Family Name) Michigan Head Football Coach Jim Harbaugh”

Didn't know that. I don't think I'd want my name being used in that title. But different strokes for different folks.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Upon inspecting their website, they also have separate endowments for the offensive and defensive coordinators. That's Michigan for you, I guess. lol 

25 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Not to get anyone's hopes up and I still don't think Brad comes but everything that has happened would point to Brad/Scott wanting this to be incredibly airtight as Chris mentioned. The players entering the portal stands out to me.

Scott clearly hasn't even told them about what's going on. Maybe TJD. But even with him it was probably a "just wait, Trayce...." which would explain why our best player hasn't entered the transfer portal yet. His entire team is entering and he hasn't. Why not?

Trayce is entering a portal with a different route...to the NBA...no need to get re-recruited by college guys! More power to him - great kid!

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

They do that with professorships and departments chairs all the time. it’s called an endowed line. But of course in those cases the money is never that silly.

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Didn't know that. I don't think I'd want my name being used in that title. But different strokes for different folks.

In my experience, it seems like there’s 2 types of donors: those you never have and never will know of, and those that would give $50million to have their name on every toilet seat in a stadium. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

From February 15 through March 15 Dolson found people to talk to Brad about IU basketball, Bloomington and coming home. He had a plan all along. 

If this is the case I feel confident this can still happen. Just no way I see them waiting until June.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

From February 15 through March 15 Dolson found people to talk to Brad about IU basketball, Bloomington and coming home. He had a plan all along. 

Wow. Let's hope the plan pulls through. We need this hire to happen. 

Also here is a link to the endowments people were talking about:

https://mgoblue.com/sports/football/roster#sidearm-roster-coaches

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

If this is the case I feel confident this can still happen. Just no way I see them waiting until June.

That's my sticking point. If he wasn't willing to quit last week, what is going to change in the next two months until the Celtics are out of the playoffs. There's simply no way we keep the position open that long.