Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, Bobman1 said:

Now that Moser and Loyola have been eliminated, if we don’t have a coach for the next week or so is it safe to assume it has to be Stevens, Oats, Drew, or Musselman?

Obviously not safe to assume, but I mean come on. The further along we get without a coach means the greater chance it is Stevens and it’s starting to have been awhile since Archie was canned.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Arkansas and Baylor play Monday right? There has to be a loser of course. If we don’t have a new coach by next week then it’s.

Stevens, Oats, Whoever won Baylor vs Arkansas.

Not to get anyone's hopes up and I still don't think Brad comes but everything that has happened would point to Brad/Scott wanting this to be incredibly airtight as Chris mentioned. The players entering the portal stands out to me.

Scott clearly hasn't even told them about what's going on. Maybe TJD. But even with him it was probably a "just wait, Trayce...." which would explain why our best player hasn't entered the transfer portal yet. His entire team is entering and he hasn't. Why not?

9 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Right, I said that more to say it gives me confidence SOMEONE knows what’s going on, timing-wise. If you made a big investment, or a career-defining work decision, you’d keep tabs on it like your life depended on it 

I remain VERY skeptical that the plan is just to keep it vacant until May, or name a staff with a “secret” HC or something. That would create an untenable situation in Boston AND Bloomington.

Seems far more likely, if this is true, that there’s a plan to either

1. leave the C’s for IU in the next ~10 days or so (post-F4 the chatter would get intense), OR

2. Announce something in the same timeframe (~next 10 days) but BS finishes the year with Boston.

Which one it is would depend on C’s contract, C’s preference, BS preference.

The thing is... the Celtics won’t want a coach that isn’t fully committed, and I wouldn’t blame them, so #2 doesn’t seem very likely to me. He’s either in or out, and I can’t imagine this thing lasting longer than 10 days or more. 

13 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Welp, not to veer to hard out of coach talk.... But I do a couple different things depending on time. I have lived in SC for a while and had a gentleman share the glory of whole hog with me and have a portable smoker that will do around a 60 pound pig. Basically, you spatchcock the pig, season, and cook over apple/oak wood (my preference) whole hog doesn't need real strong smoke like a hickory-- but thats a personal preference as well, Texans would argue me to death on that one. Skin side toward the heat, and let the magic occur over about 8 or hours depending on time available. Pull the ribs, and chop everything else into one big pile. Season again, some apple juice and rendered pig fat from inside the carcass, and voila, whole hog chopped barbecue as they call it down here. Sorry for the sermon. I take my meats seriously. :) 

I’ve never done whole hog, but that sounds fantastic. Count me in. 

As far as BS goes, I can’t seem to count him out. I also can’t tell if it’s because I actually believe it or because I want to. 

1 minute ago, Mike McCoy said:

The delay could have been related to the trade deadline as has been rumored.  It could also be delayed because of the women's success.

I could see getting them through the trade deadline, but no reason to keep extending things at this point. If you're Boston you'd want to transition as soon as possible now to give the new coach as much lead time before the playoffs start.

1 minute ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Imagine having the kind of money where you can just say "You know what? I am tired of my favorite college bball team losing. I think I will pay half of a really good coach's salary" lmao

He could just give me 3.5 1 time and I would be happy

I think it’s in Brad’s court. We’ll pay him more money, that’s not a problem. But he has to agree to leave his NBA job. Not a very easy decision. Especially since he’s a masshole!

Our best bet is that turmoil strikes the locker room between Tatum and Brown.
If that's the case I'd say forget it because it isn't going to happen. If it is a matter of him wanting to leave or not he already told the whole world his answer.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

That was Barstool and unfortunately I'd believe them over any other national guy outside of Woj and Shams. 
They have great relationships with NBA players. 

The barstool writer was just pulling that from a tweet from somebody else. The barstool guy didn't really know anything but was just aggregating all the reports out there. I don't know anything about the guy who tweeted that Stevens tried to resign twice, so I don't know if it's legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Not to get anyone's hopes up and I still don't think Brad comes but everything that has happened would point to Brad/Scott wanting this to be incredibly airtight as Chris mentioned. The players entering the portal stands out to me.

Scott clearly hasn't even told them about what's going on. Maybe TJD. But even with him it was probably a "just wait, Trayce...." which would explain why our best player hasn't entered the transfer portal yet. His entire team is entering and he hasn't. Why not?

Each player decision was interesting timing. Why hasn’t Rob entered the portal? If there’s a player that needs a fresh start it’s him LMAO.

I’m on the boat that Dolson hasn’t told the players a single thing. Not a list or nothing. TJD is sticking around because he does love IU and he’s likely entering the draft. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Just advisor to Scott.

Isiah and Woody are pretty close and It seemed that Woody got involved after masshole. Hoping Dolson still confident but that timing makes me wonder