Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Are you getting on the Drew wagon???

I’ll do some research. Honestly I’ll hop on any wagon because I do believe in giving people chances. But as of right now no. I want Stevens or Oats! 

That list was just me saying those are the only candidates left on the board which would explain why we don’t have a new coach yet. 

No offense to Chris, but I don't buy the Boca meeting, at least not on that timetable. There were flights from Bloomington and Boston to Boca arriving around the same time that Friday. And the plane that flew from Bloomington to Boca ended up flying to Boston later that day. Problem is the flight didn't get in until 6, and nothing else left Boca before then for Boston.

Plus there were also reports that Stevens was at the shoot around that morning, called a team meeting for 3 pm, etc.

So there is no way the timing was such that they met in Boca and two hours later he gives the masshole press conference. Unfortunately that just wasn't possible.

Now is it possible that meeting occurred on another day? Sure. But not that Friday. 

Edited by IU Prof

Just now, HoosierMama23 said:

I say announce it next Thursday on the first.  People will assume it’s all an April Fool’s joke... then when he really does leave at the end of the season IU will be like “hey, we announced this weeks ago”. Lol 

Jeff Goodman would have an aneurysm if this happens.

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I would have to think so. Dolson will be fired in 3 years if that’s the case.

Dolson should be fired on the spot if he hires Moser. Thats the exact opposite of the type of coach he talked about in his press conference. Archie had a better mid-major record (over time) at a much better conference than Moser. 

2 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

No offense to Chris, but I don't buy the Boca meeting, at least not on that timetable. There were flights from Bloomington and Boston to Boca arriving around the same time that Friday. And the plane that flew from Bloomington to Boca ended up flying to Boston later that day. Problem is the flight didn't get in until 6, and nothing else left Boca before then for Boston.

Plus there were also reports that Stevens was at the shoot around that morning, called a team meeting for 3 pm, etc.

So there is no way the timing was such that they met in Boca and two hours later he gives the masshole press conference. Unfortunately that just wasn't possible.

Now is it possible that meeting occurred on another day? Sure. But not that Friday. 

He didn't say they met with Stevens directly but probably with his agent

Why would they have waited this long though. I could see a couple days but over a week now. Doesn't really make since unless there's some real ball busting going on with the contract. Whole thing doesn't make sense

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Now that Moser and Loyola have been eliminated, if we don’t have a coach for the next week or so is it safe to assume it has to be Stevens, Oats, Drew, or Musselman?

Obviously not safe to assume, but I mean come on. The further along we get without a coach means the greater chance it is Stevens and it’s starting to have been awhile since Archie was canned.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, rcs29 said:

Why would they have waited this long though. I could see a couple days but over a week now. Doesn't really make since unless there's some real ball busting going on with the contract. Whole thing doesn't make sense

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I think it’s in Brad’s court. We’ll pay him more money, that’s not a problem. But he has to agree to leave his NBA job. Not a very easy decision. Especially since he’s a masshole!

Our best bet is that turmoil strikes the locker room between Tatum and Brown.

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I didn’t say Brad was there. I said Tracy, Dolson and the Pfau’s plus Isiah 

Fair enough, I misunderstood, sorry! Still skeptical, because there is no apparent reason to delay the announcement this long. But happy to be wrong!

But what on earth would be the point of having Isiah at that meeting if no Brad?

Edited by IU Prof