Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, Unexpectedflash said:

If this goes on much past the tournament, then people will start to get suspicious and the questions and rumors will ramp back up. Next weekend always felt like the best date to announce this in my opinion but I also don't know a single thing. 

The Knicks are likely going to make the playoffs right? If the Knicks make the playoffs then they could still leak rumors that it is likely to be Woodson but then end up being Stevens. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

If the vacancy goes into next weekend and Arkansas isn’t playing, the chatter for Stevens will heat up I think 

That or Drew has told Scott he’s coming. 

0708, is this your way of helping to lower our expectations for our own sake? That way when the actual non-Stevens (and also non-Moser) hire is announced we at least feel decent about it?

(Please let that be the case)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I would hope you have already come to the conclusion that it is not going to be Stevens so there shouldn't be any disappointment.

“...non-Stevens hire...”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Yeah honestly this is the only candidates I think still left— considering how much time has passed. As you mentioned, if it was Woodson then this should be over by now. 

Stevens

Mussleman

Drew

Oats

Lewis is still in the tournament

2 minutes ago, IUguy77 said:

The Knicks are likely going to make the playoffs right? If the Knicks make the playoffs then they could still leak rumors that it is likely to be Woodson but then end up being Stevens. 

So I thought about this but Depaul is trying to hire Kenny Payne away from the Knicks so it'd be kind of weird if they were able to do that before the season is done but we couldn't. 

4 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

How are we cooking that pork?

Sounds like it has the makings for some great tailgates. 

Welp, not to veer to hard out of coach talk.... But I do a couple different things depending on time. I have lived in SC for a while and had a gentleman share the glory of whole hog with me and have a portable smoker that will do around a 60 pound pig. Basically, you spatchcock the pig, season, and cook over apple/oak wood (my preference) whole hog doesn't need real strong smoke like a hickory-- but thats a personal preference as well, Texans would argue me to death on that one. Skin side toward the heat, and let the magic occur over about 8 or hours depending on time available. Pull the ribs, and chop everything else into one big pile. Season again, some apple juice and rendered pig fat from inside the carcass, and voila, whole hog chopped barbecue as they call it down here. Sorry for the sermon. I take my meats seriously. :) 

Good eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you don't mind divulging...... What is the $ value of that? If you don't want to say then I understand

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Just now, Unexpectedflash said:

So I thought about this but Depaul is trying to hire Kenny Payne away from the Knicks so it'd be kind of weird if they were able to do that before the season is done but we couldn't. 

I saw that. But I just saw earlier Payne will stay with Knicks. 

If you don't mind divulging...... What is the $ value of that? If you don't want to say then I understand

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Honestly what’s crazy is I don’t think it’s too much, less than a hundred

6 minutes ago, IUguy77 said:

Maybe they have. Maybe Dolson and Stevens wanted all leaks plugged and now everything is being kept quiet. 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Oh I think Dolson and whoever knows. Just not 007 :-)

Right, I said that more to say it gives me confidence SOMEONE knows what’s going on, timing-wise. If you made a big investment, or a career-defining work decision, you’d keep tabs on it like your life depended on it 

I remain VERY skeptical that the plan is just to keep it vacant until May, or name a staff with a “secret” HC or something. That would create an untenable situation in Boston AND Bloomington.

Seems far more likely, if this is true, that there’s a plan to either

1. leave the C’s for IU in the next ~10 days or so (post-F4 the chatter would get intense), OR

2. Announce something in the same timeframe (~next 10 days) but BS finishes the year with Boston.

Which one it is would depend on C’s contract, C’s preference, BS preference.

5 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Yeah honestly this is the only candidates I think still left— considering how much time has passed. As you mentioned, if it was Woodson then this should be over by now. 

Stevens

Mussleman

Drew

Oats

Are you getting on the Drew wagon???

Honestly what’s crazy is I don’t think it’s too much, less than a hundred

My favorite player though, hoping to get a signed jersey

8 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

If this goes on much past the tournament, then people will start to get suspicious and the questions and rumors will ramp back up. Next weekend always felt like the best date to announce this in my opinion but I also don't know a single thing. 

I say announce it next Thursday on the first.  People will assume it’s all an April Fool’s joke... then when he really does leave at the end of the season IU will be like “hey, we announced this weeks ago”. Lol