Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

5 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Wife clowned me, but seriously considering parking the motor home at the first home game with a custom flag that says Brad Stevens Coaching Search Support Group. See the flag, come on over for free bourbon and slow cooked pork of various types.

I’m first one there, probably last one to leave.

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Most of them think it’s Stevens or someone left in the tournament like Musselman. But mostly Stevens. But everything got really quiet after the press conference.

No inside info, but maybe Stevens requested everything go absolutely quiet before the presser and he got his wish? Idk if I see Stevens coming (really hope so), but could have been requested for everything to go silent so he could honor this season with the Celtics. 

1 minute ago, IUguy77 said:

So they had a meeting in Boco and 2 hrs later Stevens killed the rumors. Also remember it was literally minutes before the press conference we heard expect strong denials. It may not happen but it sure sounds like a play to kill the talk and direct attention to other people. 

Yea but at a certain point someone needs to move the needle if this is still a possibility. Are we just going to let the program wilt until June?

4 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Wife clowned me, but seriously considering parking the motor home at the first home game with a custom flag that says Brad Stevens Coaching Search Support Group. See the flag, come on over for free bourbon and slow cooked pork of various types.

How are we cooking that pork?

Sounds like it has the makings for some great tailgates. 

5 hours ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Would be interesting to hear what the chatter is amongst the coaching community

Well obviously I was given incorrect info last night so I'm sorry about that everyone. I do know that a lot of the coaches are close and the IU job is a hot topic of conversation between them.  We'll see if he ends up being right other than the timeline.  I don't see any reason he would have made it up though.

Just now, hoosiersoxfan said:

Well obviously I was given incorrect info last night so I'm sorry about that everyone. I do know that a lot of the coaches are close and the IU job is a hot topic of conversation between them.  We'll see if he ends up being right other than the timeline.  I don't see any reason he would have made it up though.

What did you hear? 

To me the longer this goes might be a better sign because the guys they are going for are still playing.  If there choice was Beilein, Beard or an IU guy they could have already been hired.  Since Woodson is an assistant coach he surely could get out of his contract to be a HC so you wouldn't have to wait for him.

3 minutes ago, IUguy77 said:

So they had a meeting in Boco and 2 hrs later Stevens killed the rumors. Also remember it was literally minutes before the press conference we heard expect strong denials. It may not happen but it sure sounds like a play to kill the talk and direct attention to other people. 

I have to agree with you. Stevens may have went a little over the line with the Masshole comment, but it definitely got some of the IU questions off his back.

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

I’m hoping this search goes to May.. if you know what I mean. LOL

As much as I want to quit Brad, I just can't and the longer this goes, the more it seems like something is brewing. Or I am delusional, which is entirely possible. I have to believe at this point, it is strictly waiting on BS, or guys in the tournament. And no way its Moser, Dolson is not a dummy and knows that would fracture the base worse than any "plan B, C, D" type hire.