Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Chris any idea if the bleacher report comment that he tried to resign twice was true 

I’ve followed everything closely but don’t recall this.  What is this story?

8 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

If Stevens to IU is actually legit he really wants to finish the NBA season, so be it...I’m fine with it. We just need to know the direction so players and fans aren’t left guessing...

I am fine in waiting but would be great if something was announced privately to the players.  I know you can't trust young guys to not say something on social media

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I never heard it was signed. I heard they met in Boco for the deal. It was the 5th or 6th time they had met. Mr. Pfau was excited after the meeting, he’s putting up millions, even told a people to bet on Brad being the next coach. Then 2 hours later Brad quiets everything.

My read on the situation, based on careful observation and not much info, was that Stevens wanted to kill the talk to buy time—maybe even a lot of time—and he botched the delivery (aka Masshole). What is your take on that theory?

23 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I didn’t say something isn’t signed, I’m led to believe that there is but don’t want to lead anyone on. I know there was a meeting, everyone left happy,  2 hours later we hear Masshole. So I don’t know for sure. 

A note I heard from someone at the meeting — The meeting went very very well. 

5 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I think we're going to be looking for a new AD soon unfortunately

Hard to really tell. It might be the state of things left by his predecessors and limits placed buy boosters. 

Hard to blame him if others screwed things up. Now what he does about it might take time but will be on his watch.