Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

That’s the part that keeps me thinking it’s not him.  Unless he’s ran out of options?

I mean there's always Beilein, right? 

The only way I see him saying no is if he refuses to put an IU guy on the bench next to him. Maybe that discussion already happened and is why we haven't hired him yet. Who freakin' knows. 

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

That’s the part that keeps me thinking it’s not him.  Unless he’s ran out of options?

My question is if he gets turned down by all the top guys do we blame Dolson or what is the main problem.  I think a lot of it would be that a ot of coaches are content where they are at and don't need to uproot their families trying to climb the ladder.  Also if we strike out with the top candidates I would rather go with Beilein and try to get Lewis or Fife to be one of the assistants

11 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Moser would be stupid to leave Loyola. Dude has guaranteed job security there at this point.

Agreed but he's probably taken Loyola as far as they can go. 

If he wants to win a NC, he needs to leave. I just don't think we're in a position to be the school that takes a risk on him.

15 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

No way.  Just no way.  I'm like the biggest IU fan ever.  I would cry during the Calbert Cheaney days when we lost.  If Moser is the hire I'm gonna buy gold and black gear and change my allegiance.  Seriously.  No way Scott is that dumb.

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

No way.  Just no way.  I'm like the biggest IU fan ever.  I would cry during the Calbert Cheaney days when we lost.  If Moser is the hire I'm gonna buy gold and black gear and change my allegiance.  Seriously.  No way Scott is that dumb.

Nothing could ever make me change my alliances especially for Purdue

1 minute ago, mdiu28 said:

Agreed but he's probably taken Loyola as far as they can go. 

If he wants to win a NC, he needs to leave. I just don't think we're in a position to be the school that takes a risk on him.

He's made 2 tournaments in 17 years.....at some point ya just gotta know who you are. 

Moser ....other than money why does he want IU job? Look at Archie ...IU didn’t hold any special place in his heart. NC state yeah. No outsider can understand what basketball means in Indiana. Coach has to exude that from his soul to the players in my opinion. Stevens grew up like us home run hire. 99% chance not getting him.

Mike ******* Lewis 

Edited by HoosierBoiler