Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just now, IU Scott said:

The only thing if this happens then it really would hurt our recruiting and keeping our players.  Also our fan base would also be all in straight jackets

Who cares about the roster at this point. There would be plenty of ways to get a roster filled with the transfer portal. Guys will be on the move up until the fall semester starts. As for fans. I think most will be happy the longer this goes but some will be panicking the whole time.

At this point I think I want Stevens more for the reason of media having to eat their words. Was just listening to Matt Jones (UK homer) say IU is the 2nd most overrated job in all of college sports behind Tennessee football. Claims the fans are unreasonable. A UK fan saying fans are unreasonable. Funny right? Then popped off about delusional fans actually thought Stevens would leave the Celtics to coach at IU. Nothing would be greater than shutting all their mouths. 

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Who cares about the roster at this point. There would be plenty of ways to get a roster filled with the transfer portal. Guys will be on the move up until the fall semester starts. As for fans. I think most will be happy the longer this goes but some will be panicking the whole time.

Most of the good ones will already have new schools by late May or June

2 minutes ago, IUguy77 said:

At this point I think I want Stevens more for the reason of media having to eat their words. Was just listening to Matt Jones (UK homer) say IU is the 2nd most overrated job in all of college sports behind Tennessee football. Claims the fans are unreasonable. A UK fan saying fans are unreasonable. Funny right? Then popped off about delusional fans actually thought Stevens would leave the Celtics to coach at IU. Nothing would be greater than shutting all their mouths. 

Makes sense why he’d say that. UK fans will eat that up. 

I understand you would wait if you knew BS was coming, but I still think this gets wrapped up shortly after the F4, if not sooner, no matter who the hire is.

Now, if it’s a F4 full of coaches IU surely wouldn’t pursue or get for whatever reason — say, Houston or Syracuse, Michigan or FSU, Gonzaga or Creighton, and Oral Roberts, there’s less plausible deniability to delay a hire.

11 minutes ago, IUguy77 said:

Yes! I got in a back and forth on Twitter earlier with a Ohio State fan. He basically said you’re a Hoosier no wonder! Unfortunately I don’t have a comeback for that. We IU fans at least had basketball success to throw in other fans faces in the past but don’t even have that any more!! 

I found some more prophecies from Nostradamus.

Believe not the words of the son of Zion, for his words are obfuscations.  He will pledge allegiance to patriots and claim to be one with the whole of the masses.  He will profess devotion to brown elixirs and claim how his steed may swerve and sway.  Believe not his prevarications for his blood is still crimson, his loyalty still lies with the empire that flies the five flags.  He shall return to fly five more, and return glory to the empire.

13 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I found some more prophecies from Nostradamus.

Believe not the words of the son of Zion, for his words are obfuscations.  He will pledge allegiance to patriots and claim to be one with the whole of the masses.  He will profess devotion to brown elixirs and claim how his steed may swerve and sway.  Believe not his prevarications for his blood is still crimson, his loyalty still lies with the empire that flies the five flags.  He shall return to fly five more, and return glory to the empire.

Those can’t be from Nostradamus. They actually make sense. 

I see no way if by some miracle Brad came to IU that the program can wait until the end of the NBA season to announce him as coach unless they are ok with a really long term rebuild.  All the transfer in the portal would be gone by the. Both from IU and ones IU could bring in.  The team would be completely decimated and I just don’t see having a filler coach for a few months helping in any way.  I think a coach has to be announced within a week of the end of the tournament to right the ship and start building and seeing what you can retain for next year.

2 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Wishing something happened today

If his last game is sometime this weekend, today makes way more sense. Possible the “watch the trade deadline”/peegs town crier/new guy tip were all slightly off/misinformed. We can hope?

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

I’d take a down year if it meant landing a great coach.

And now people are starting to understand why I wanted to keep Archie another year or at least three more games..