Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just now, ISP said:

There will not be an announcement today. There is no way Dolson steals the Thunder from the women, they deserve all the attention on them today.

Well duh. People just saying there would be because today is the 50th year since Bob Knight was announced as the IU coach. 

3 minutes ago, madmax said:

There is like an 95% chance that Guru is a loser Purdue troll just trying to get everyone excited because he has nothing better to do.

Of course its a troll, but have to admit it's a good one. The guy has been saying this date for a while. Going to be funny to see what he posts after noon. He will either point and laugh at the gullible IU fans or shift the date. 

Edited by Its Always Sunny at IU

There is like an 95% chance that Guru is a loser Purdue troll just trying to get everyone excited because he has nothing better to do.

If he is it’s been an impressive troll job

How often has he been called out for being a troll? It would be interesting to study his responses to that. Get someone distracted often enough and clues of some sort are likely to slip.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

28 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Well if an official announcement is going to be made at noon ET, it’s expected that leak will happen an hour before. But then again, Shaka was literally hired an hour after he was fired from Texas

Where did you see that he was fired? I missed that. 

7 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

If there was going to be an announcement guys something would leak.  Brad would definitely be telling the Celtics players beforehand that he was leaving.   Something would come out.

Right I don’t believe anything is happening but my hypothesis would be something like “it leaks at noon because he tells the C’s at shootaround then” not an announcement. 

Look guys ......If the date “3/27” that gurubackup, on Peegs, has been so persistent about IS true, then Scott Dolson is an absolute genius!!!!

3/27 1971 marked the day news broke that IU was going to hire a very young Bob Knight from Army. Bob was officially hired the next day, March 28th, 1971. That hire was the beginning of a story book era at IU.

Fast forward to today, 3/27 2021,...if all this is true and the stars have aligned Scott Dolson has cleverly chosen this date for obvious reasons. IMO, “if true”, long time IU man and newly crowned A.D., Scott Dolson will usher in new IU Coach, Brad Stevens. A young man born, bred, in Indiana. That very same state is also where he played HS and college ball and later coached his first college team. This will significantly mark the beginning of a new story book era. Far fetched? Yes, but why not dream? This has been Scott Dolson’s dream all along ...... The rest is history.

A16C0BF7-8D9A-4A8B-88EC-636BE16847AF.jpeg

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight69 said:

Where did you see that he was fired? I missed that. 

Thought I read there was simply a mutual parting. Texas agreed to let Shaka go to Marquette. Kind of a firing. Kind of not.

More of a "you can go now, Shaka."

21 minutes ago, ISP said:

There will not be an announcement today. There is no way Dolson steals the Thunder from the women, they deserve all the attention on them today.

Or IU brings more thunder to the women’s team - Stevens gives the pregame speech