Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, mdiu28 said:

Hmm, sounds exactly what the insiders here thought as well.

I don't think Brad is coming but would be super interested in knowing what happened behind the scenes, if anything. Unfortunately, we'll never know. 

Go back and read my theory. I’ve been told it’s pretty close.

24 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yes, national secrets are definitely at stake.  You are a good man to keep that quiet.

Edit:  I think if you polled the people in this thread and asked them to truly say whether they thought Stevens was coming here, greater than 80% would say no.  If you followed r/wallstreetbets a few weeks back, this thread is the same vibe.

I would hope it's even higher than that. We aren't crazy for having hope, but I think we are generally realistic. Yet until a different coach is announced, and as long as we have good folks like Chris saying it may not be dead, and of course Jerry droppin' in with a Yeag-a-bomb here and there, we can keep a little hope alive. 

Seems like Chris and Jerry Yeags are connected to the IU side with some positive vibes. Seems fairly clear that Nonymouse is connected in someway to the Stevens side. What are ya gonna do? Of course, keep a little hope alive until Scott makes an announcement otherwise. 

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I would hope it's even higher than that. We aren't crazy for having hope, but I think we are generally realistic. Yet until a different coach is announced, and as long as we have good folks like Chris saying it may not be dead, and of course Jerry droppin' in with a Yeag-a-bomb here and there, we can keep a little hope alive. 

Seems like Chris and Jerry Yeags are connected to the IU side with some positive vibes. Seems fairly clear that Nonymouse is connected in someway to the Stevens side. What are ya gonna do? Of course, keep a little hope alive until Scott makes an announcement otherwise. 

I got the impression mouse was more connected to the Butler, OSU side of things than close to Stevens but mouse is crafty and shares little 

3 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Why did he get kicked out?

Not sure. It’s just what one of the mods told me last night. Said he left the chat for a bit and one of the other mods gave him the boot lol 

1 minute ago, Hoosier_Hatchet said:

I live here now.  Not from here.

Gotcha. My uncle used to drive a school bus there and for a long time I think he drove bball and other teams to games. He was a legend amongst bus drivers lol

Just now, 8bucks said:

I got the impression mouse was more connected to the Butler, OSU side of things than close to Stevens but mouse is crafty and shares little 

Yeah, it could be that. It's why I said connected to the Stevens side "in some way". He/she is consistent, and defiantly certain that Stevens isn't coming. Surely that is not simply based on what Stevens said in a press conference. So I assume his/her info is coming from the Stevens side....how close we won't know and I'd never expect him/her to reveal that. 

Just now, Hooserfan1901 said:

Well if an official announcement is going to be made at noon ET, it’s expected that leak will happen an hour before. But then again, Shaka was literally hired an hour after he was fired from Texas

Guru never said official announcement