Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

34 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

I know. But I can’t out myself. 

Yes, national secrets are definitely at stake.  You are a good man to keep that quiet.

Edit:  I think if you polled the people in this thread and asked them to truly say whether they thought Stevens was coming here, greater than 80% would say no.  If you followed r/wallstreetbets a few weeks back, this thread is the same vibe.

59 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

That didn't clear anything up lol. Not for me anyhow

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Just accept that you’re old and out of the loop on some things LOL 

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yes, national secrets are definitely at stake.  You are a good man to keep that quiet.

Edit:  I think if you polled the people in this thread and asked them to truly say whether they thought Stevens was coming here, greater than 80% would say no.  If you followed r/wallstreetbets a few weeks back, this thread is the same vibe.

But don’t ask us that question. We are on the train for now and no it probably doesn’t get to the destination we want but maybe..... and if if it doesn’t you need to enjoy the train. Sadly one of our better March Madness events ever. 

“I only want to hear the views of people who agree with me.” 

If you simply wanted to bring up an alternate viewpoint, you’d say things like “I respectfully disagree. I don’t think (or my sources say) he’s not coming.”

Yet your finger is constantly on the X button if the controller, ready to attack.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just accept that you’re old and out of the loop on some things LOL 
Yes.... apparently so. I mean I know who Jay-Z thankfully but that's about where that stopped lol

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

Okay, I wasn’t going to post this because it’s one of those my friend who’s friend posts that everyone rips apart, but here it goes.
March 18, I got a text from a friend of mine who is also an IUBB fan. I asked if he’d heard the news that we could possibly get Stevens. He said he had lunch with a friend of his a few weeks ago. Which was before Archie was ever fired. That friend of his was a college roommate with someone (I cannot say their job title) that would know. His friend told him that Archie was gone and that Stevens was going to be the new coach. In fact, he said he’s definitely coming.
After Stevens’ masshole presser I text him that things weren’t looking very promising. He said he wasn’t sure what was going on because he thought it was a done deal. All I know is that my friend is as honest and trustworthy as they come and would not pass along anything he thought to be false.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hmm, sounds exactly what the insiders here thought as well.

I don't think Brad is coming but would be super interested in knowing what happened behind the scenes, if anything. Unfortunately, we'll never know. 

40 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

This is like when you know Santa probably isn’t real, and that mean kid at school told you it’s just your parents, but you still want to stay up late just to double check that the magic might still be alive. Brad is Santa. I am a child. It doesn’t matter how many times someone tells me he’s not coming down the chimney if I want to believe just one more year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During  a summer I teased my dad that he had to be at work while I got to play....... before he hung up the phone he quickly shouted “ Santa isn’t real”....... goodbye childhood.