Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Hey. I live in CA, but want to retire to Hawaii when I retire. My only concern is how I order from Amazon. Since by the time I retire Physical stores will no longer exist. So all ordering will be online  

It’s just going to be really weird waking up at 8 and half the US is already More than halfway done with their day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not that bad. Saturday and Sunday in the fall are amazing. Wake up to football then spend the afternoons at the beach/surfing. Good life

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Plus the chance to be a legend.  

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Which I know that current & former coaches from IU have called and talked to him about. 

So then Stevens fielded calls from....Tom Crean and Kelvin Sampson?? Because if so, I'm conflicted on the plausibility in regards to the prospects of that.

On one hand, it is true that both Crean and Sampson can indeed speak on the chance of becoming a legend at Indiana. Because failing miserably at the whole legend component doesn't make either any less qualified to speak on the chance of it all if one were to coach here. I'm sure both Sir Claps-a-Lot and K-Samp could provide wonderful insight on the opportunity of becoming a legend at IU.

But on the other hand...who on God's green earth would give out their real, actual phone number to Tom Crean!?

Sampson I can understand; as he knows a thing or two about impermissible phone calls. If Kelvin Sampson wants to get a hold of you, Kelvin Sampson is going to get a hold of you whether you ask him to or not. That's reality. 

But Crean?? No way, uh-uh, had to be someone else.

It couldn't have been Knight, since I can't imagine his rotary phone is even compatible with an active phone jack, let alone functional. So that leaves, who...Mike Davis? Yeah, must've been Davis.

Anyhow, this is all besides the point. I'm damn happy to have Stevens at IU. I like that guy. Good coach. Young. Spry. Should do well here.

3 hours ago, iubb said:

Hey. I live in CA, but want to retire to Hawaii when I retire. My only concern is how I order from Amazon. Since by the time I retire Physical stores will no longer exist. So all ordering will be online

It’s just going to be really weird waking up at 8 and half the US is already More than halfway done with their day.

Hey, the time zone differences are not all bad.  The weird thing for me is calling my family and getting them out of bed, but it is late afternoon or evening for me.

If you are a fan of live sports you have to make a lot of changes.  In my case, I record a lot of games and watch after the fact, for me it usually isn't that bad, because after the games everyone in the US goes to bed.  In your case you would just have to wake up very early in the morning.  

6 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I will gladly eat crow if it happens, but I refuse to believe any of it(regardless of which person it is rumored to be) until I see it actually happen and he is introduced.

I refuse to be a cliff jumper

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I can believe but still not be a cliff jumper.

6 hours ago, Chris007 said:

If you’re getting Brad Stevens your going to get player’s from the portal.

Not necessarily. They would be gone somewhere else if it's after the NBA season is over. That's a trade off worth having in my opinion, but by then the good players in the transfer portal will be gone. 

10 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

Seems odd that Stevens would pick the first game of a back-to-back road trip to be his last. Celtics play at OKC tonight.

This is why I said tomorrow or next Saturday make more sense. They’ve actually been on the road all week. 

3 minutes ago, lillurk said:

This is why I said tomorrow or next Saturday make more sense. They’ve actually been on the road all week. 

Pushing back the dates for big events is right out of the QAnon playbook. And you know what, I love crazy so I'm totally cool with that. I'll be here refreshing this thread all week until I hear it's someone other than Stevens. At noon today that mysterious Peegs poster will shift the date and time of the big announcement and I'll happily be sucked right back in.  

7 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

Pushing back the dates for big events is right out of the QAnon playbook. And you know what, I love crazy so I'm totally cool with that. I'll be here refreshing this thread all week until I hear it's someone other than Stevens. At noon today that mysterious Peegs poster will shift the date and time of the big announcement and I'll happily be sucked right back in.  

Something is either going to happen very soon or not at all.  That I can pretty much guarantee.