Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

5 minutes ago, DLG3 said:

This is how I see it. As a completely biased IU fan, a “mutual agreement to part ways” makes sense in a season like this for them. Wasn’t it Bird who thinks no coach should last more than just a few years in the NBA?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

And how many titles has Bird won as a coach or GM?

Imagine if the Spurs had fired pop after a few years 

And how many titles has Bird won as a coach or GM?
Imagine if the Spurs had fired pop after a few years 

Yeah, I’m not saying I agree with that philosophy, but I also don’t think he’s the only one in NBA circles who believes it.

Although as well as they are playing, and as poorly as the Bucks had been playing, a loss wouldn’t be great. 

The massholes would be less than pleased. 

If he comes and the student section needs a name, perhaps the massholes. Yeah I know that is a Massachusetts thing but I like the reminder for the time when Goodman and friends were I hope wrong. I

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, HoosierBoiler said:

My theory is that he had that private meeting with the team week ago and said that tonight would be his last game and they are just wanting to send him out with a win!

You beat me to it.

20 minutes ago, DLG3 said:

This is how I see it. As a completely biased IU fan, a “mutual agreement to part ways” makes sense in a season like this for them. Wasn’t it Bird who thinks no coach should last more than just a few years in the NBA?

Yea.don’t remember what amount of years, but LB did say when he resigned that after so many years the players tune you out.