Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

That’s a good question. I wish we could see his contract. Maybe Danny told him he would fire him after the first loss after the trade deadline to get a new voice and make a run. Knowing Brad wants to come to IU.

Why would he want to fire Brad? Most pro coaching contracts are fully guaranteed, so they’d owe him whatever they extended him to last year, when they could just let him walk and go to IU? Not trying to piss in any Cheerios, but that doesn’t make sense to me. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

That’s a good question. I wish we could see his contract. Maybe Danny told him he would fire him after the first loss after the trade deadline to get a new voice and make a run. Knowing Brad wants to come to IU.

Well, I'm going to need MVP Giannis to show up at some point.  He's been dreadful the last 2 games. 

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight69 said:

Why would he want to fire Brad? Most pro coaching contracts are fully guaranteed, so they’d owe him whatever they extended him to last year, when they could just let him walk and go to IU? Not trying to piss in any Cheerios, but that doesn’t make sense to me. 

Yeah you’re right. I guess Brad doesn’t want to leave during the season? I don’t know what the holdup is if we both want the same thing.

Just now, TheDarkKnight69 said:

I have the same question but I also have a guess.

As we know, Boston has struggled this year. Injuries, underperformance, bad luck, the whole thing. Even the best nba coaches have a shelf life. Ainge knows it, Stevens knows it. They probably wouldn’t fire BS under normal circumstances. But they like him, maybe a shakeup would help, and if they know he’s interested in the IU job, maybe everyone gets what they want if the C’s fire BS: fresh voice for them, clean break for him. No accusations of “quitting on the team,” etc.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah you’re right. I guess Brad doesn’t want to leave during the season? I don’t know what the holdup is if we both want the same thing.

Stuff like this breaks my heart :(......Makes me think that it just isn't in the cards. I keep hoping, but deep down I know,

3 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

The hardest part about all this is trying to keep my wife up to speed about whether we are excited Stevens is coming or sad Stevens is not coming. She’s an unwilling passenger on this rollercoaster of emotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. Except she’s not enjoying this rollercoaster nearly as much as the ones at cedar point

I have the same question but I also have a guess.
As we know, Boston has struggled this year. Injuries, underperformance, bad luck, the whole thing. Even the best nba coaches have a shelf life. Ainge knows it, Stevens knows it. They probably wouldn’t fire BS under normal circumstances. But they like him, maybe a shakeup would help, and if they know he’s interested in the IU job, maybe everyone gets what they want if the C’s fire BS: fresh voice for them, clean break for him. No accusations of “quitting on the team,” etc.

This is how I see it. As a completely biased IU fan, a “mutual agreement to part ways” makes sense in a season like this for them. Wasn’t it Bird who thinks no coach should last more than just a few years in the NBA?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app