Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m still not sold that Brad is leaving the Celtics, but Drummond is one of the most over paid players in the league.  He averages all those rebounds from the miss lay ups he shoots.  They are 7-8 best in the east at best this year.

The Lakers are the heavy favorite here. He wants to play with LeBron and compete for a championship. 

40 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

I’d like to know where you’re getting your information that makes you feel confident in calling Chris’ information false. Because I know where his information came from. And it’s far from false. 

If you feel like comparing sources you can PM me, but if you’re not blood-related to someone directly involved and ready for me to confirm it then whatever information you think you have is not strong enough to discredit anything Chris has shared. 

Not a single thing Chris predicted last week has come to fruition (and I have people on the - uh - non-IU side of this telling me how absurd it all was). 

I posted here about the mutual Thad interest before it was public in media or had any traction whatsoever on here.

Despite this, you and everyone else want *me* to prove the veracity of my sources but you’re willing to take his info at face value because it aligns with what you *wish* to be true. 

Edited by Nonymouse

Just now, Nonymouse said:

Not a single thing Chris predicted last week has come to fruition (and I have people on the - uh - non-IU side of this telling me how absurd it all was). 

I posted here about the mutual Thad interest before it was public in media or has any traction whatsoever on here.

Despite this, you and everyone else want *me* to prove the veracity of my sources but you’re willing to take his info at face value because it aligns with what you *wish* to be true. 

So what is your prediction then. Who are we interviewing and who are the candidates 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I think it is fair to say that Goodman has excellent sources as related to Ohio State. Archie...Matta,... now Holtmann. My guess is that Goodman does not have nearly as good sources in knowing who we inquired about at other programs.

This is why Dakich, who is HIGHLY opinionated, AND bleeds Cream & Crimson, says "f-em all. Let's hire an IU guy and go kick all their a$$e$."

And while that's certainly not the only valid perspective or excellent coaching choice,

he's got a point.

The hiring the IU guy part is easy, it's the @$$ kicking that is the problem. If they are all, let's say, less than spectacular elsewhere, why will having a B-town address suddenly make them great coaches? It's wishful thinking, just like this thread :) 

5 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

I posted here about the mutual Thad interest before it was public in media or had any traction whatsoever on here.

I don't know Mr.Mouse.

I had two different sources (outside of here) tell me the talks with Stevens was serious. Nothing of an announcement but there were meetings. Chris is usually pretty spot on with his information as is Jerry. The talks appeared to have stopped for whatever reason between Brad and IU. We may never know the true story unless you can get Scott drunk at the Irish Lion one night. Possible 

Again it's because Chris007 and Jerry have both built a rapport on this board over time. And they aren't always just trying to tout their sources they are just normal guys posting and they share some juice with us. A lot of times it comes to fruition. I'm not trying to be a jerk but if you don't get that aspect of this then I don't know what to tell you. Oh and btw I don't believe that BS is coming but I'll definitely defend these guys whether their info is correct or not because they aren't just paid sources for us they are a part of this community. Stay long enough and you will be too man.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

I don't understand how this is so difficult for you to understand.  Chris has been here posting good info forever.  This isn't a "Chris is saying something I like, so I'll believe him" type situation.  If Chris said right now that his sources say that Brad Stevens is officially out.  We would believe him.

Idk what is going to happen in this coaching search.  And if Chris's info is wrong, it's wrong.  But the mods have verified his sources as legitimate a long time ago. 

8 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

Call your shot and time will tell. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about the responses. Clearly this group is fragile and emotionally compromised. We'll lash out for no reason at all. If you are correct, come back and crow about it, if not just lay low for a couple weeks. You aren't a surgeon, nobody's life is at stake. I don't even know how to pronounce your screen name, let alone who you really are so not like it's important in real life.