Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

45 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Because of a few Jeff Goodman Tweets about our basketball coaching search that y'all REALLY don't appreciate?

Riiiight....

What is an embarrassment is not the coaching search but how our fans are reacting to it.  They are trolling the fan base knowing how we will react to e very little news out there.  they put something positive an dour fans goes crazy thinking we are getting a top coach.  The next day they come up will something they know the fan base will not like to watch us go crazy.  Just look to last Friday and how nuts we went when we actually thought we was getting Stevens.

32 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I just question how much longer this can go on? Who benefits from continuing to keep it a secret? Half our team is in the transfer portal and we've got people like Goodman trying to make us look so desperate that we're reaching out to a conference rival that's been more successful than us.

Well if we want to interview Oats, Mussellman or anyone else in the sweet 16 we have to wait.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What is an embarrassment is not the coaching search but how our fans are reacting to it.  They are trolling the fan base knowing how we will react to e very little news out there.  they put something positive an dour fans goes crazy thinking we are getting a top coach.  The next day they come up will something they know the fan base will not like to watch us go crazy.  Just look to last Friday and how nuts we went when we actually thought we was getting Stevens.

In my opinion?

Also not an embarrassment, not even a little.

Fans are passionate by nature. They really, really care.

If some of our fans get super fired up about this stuff?

That should be expected.

I think it is fair to say that Goodman has excellent sources as related to Ohio State. Archie...Matta,... now Holtmann. My guess is that Goodman does not have nearly as good sources in knowing who we inquired about at other programs.

This is why Dakich, who is HIGHLY opinionated, AND bleeds Cream & Crimson, says "f-em all. Let's hire an IU guy and go kick all their a$$e$."

And while that's certainly not the only valid perspective or excellent coaching choice,

he's got a point.

I am actually with him on this. No I don’t want Alford. BUT

Listening to the way mike Lewis talk about the program and how good It can be makes sense as to why it should be an IU guy. It’s just another job to some of these other coaches.

Not so much to Lewis, fife, Alford, etc. they would die before they let it fail IMO

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

25 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

If you think this site is bad the Peegs people are about to burn it down over there. They are asking Rabby about the rabbit haha. Entertainment

You just wait until we hire Alford. 

I’ll turn this website into Gotham City and I’m Bane / Joker. 

5 minutes ago, bmemmer said:

Hey Chris, if the Celtics get Drummond does that change anything ?

I'd say if Stevens to IU isn't totally dead, Drummond would be the nail in the coffin. 

In my opinion?
Also not an embarrassment, not even a little.
Fans are passionate by nature. They really, really care.
If some of our fans get super fired up about this stuff?
That should be expected.

I would be more embarrassed if our fans DIDNT care. The fact we get fired up and we don’t sit back and say “blah, just let me know when we get one” makes me feel better about the passion and dedication of this fan base. Even through the tough times, we are still this passionate about OUR Indiana Hoosiers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk