Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

28 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Do you really believe that the program doesn’t look terrible right now? 

Bingo! Now you get it. 

It looks like a program that a reporter for The Stadium made about ten snarky tweets about. Because even if those tweets are true (many were obvious trolling, some were probably true) he knows that people care about IUBB and college bball fans find it interesting. That's about it.

Not a "national embarrassment."

6 minutes ago, Herotime said:

Some of us may need to take a walk or go enjoy a bag of Oreos... Really, the extremes that some jump to are almost comical. If UK or PU fans were posting the kinds of things a few of the posters on here were posting based primarily off tweets, rumblings,  and whispers... we’d be rolling on the floor laughing.  Relax. Everything will be fine. And at the end of the day it’s basketball.

They don't seem to understand that howling at every tweet that the program is an embarrassment is an embarrassment to the program.

I just question how much longer this can go on? Who benefits from continuing to keep it a secret? Half our team is in the transfer portal and we've got people like Goodman trying to make us look so desperate that we're reaching out to a conference rival that's been more successful than us.

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I just question how much longer this can go on? Who benefits from continuing to keep it a secret? Half our team is in the transfer portal and we've got people like Goodman trying to make us look so desperate that we're reaching out to a conference rival that's been more successful than us.

I don’t think there is any secret... we don’t have a coach yet and are reaching out trying to gage interest

7 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

It's the classic 'Who's on first?' shtick, we're probably only on third base right now. This may go on a bit more. Have a drink and enjoy the chaos.

yes! that's 10!

Edited by ColtsIU-ND

If its brad it can go on a while and we survive. Anybody else and were in trouble. I think we hire the iu guy by now imo. I think current coaches still possible including beard but Anybody else are probably out. My gut starting to say stevens

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

So according to Goodman who all have we pursued now?  I don't dispute he "heard" this about Holtman I have a hard time believing it's true though. 

I think it is fair to say that Goodman has excellent sources as related to Ohio State. Archie...Matta,... now Holtmann. My guess is that Goodman does not have nearly as good sources in knowing who we inquired about at other programs.

This is why Dakich, who is HIGHLY opinionated, AND bleeds Cream & Crimson, says "f-em all. Let's hire an IU guy and go kick all their a$$e$."

And while that's certainly not the only valid perspective or excellent coaching choice,

he's got a point.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think it is fair to say that Goodman has excellent sources as related to Ohio State. Archie...Matta,... now Holtmann. My guess is that Goodman does not have nearly as good sources in knowing who we inquired about at other programs.

This is why Dakich, who is HIGHLY opinionated, AND bleeds Cream & Crimson, says "f-em all. Let's hire an IU guy and go kick all their *****."

And while that's certainly not the only valid perspective or excellent coaching choice,

he's got a point.

Who cares. 

I hate his face. 

11 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

If its brad it can go on a while and we survive. Anybody else and were in trouble. I think we hire the iu guy by now imo. I think current coaches still possible including beard but Anybody else are probably out. My gut starting to say stevens

I hope it's right and not just the pre-explosive diarrhea rumblinga 

16 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I think this is the wrong thought regarding the IU guys.  Any of them will take the job at any point in time.  You exhaust your top options first, and can hire the IU guy the day of the first game.