Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

The Holtmann rumor doesn't make sense to me. OSU is a good job in the same conference. Why would we think he would be interested when he's already got OSU in a great spot? OSU has plenty of money too. I have a hard time believing Dolson saw him as a realistic target

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

The media doesn't need to, IU has done that for the better part of 20 years and looks like there's no plan to get it right this time.

Can't argue with that but I don't believe SD reached out to an in conference school. 

Even if it is false, I hate that stuff like this is getting out there. We're getting clowned beyond belief by other fanbases who are trying to paint a picture that no coach with half a brain will touch this job and none of the players want to be here either, and this only gives them more fuel. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Even if it is false, I hate that stuff like this is getting out there. We're getting clowned beyond belief by other fanbases who are trying to paint a picture that no coach with half a brain will touch this job and none of the players want to be here either, and this only gives them more fuel. 

some of that is probably true but no one in this fan base wants to see the reality 

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I agree - it sucks. 

But I'd tend to believe more that OSU made it up and leaked this nonsense to embarrass us, hurt us with recruits, transfers, etc. than Dolson picked up the phone and called a conference rival with a coach who has done well so far at OSU to try and get him - that is just ABSURD. Especially when there are plenty of other options out there. There's no way SD is scrambling this badly. 

11 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Yep. We’re a national embarrassment right now. 

Who cares about the perception stuff? I’d gladly look like a clown show if we end up with the right coach. Realistically, I think Dolson is running such a tight ship that “insiders” and “reporters” are getting frustrated. They can’t write articles that say “yeah we don’t know anything” over and over. Clowning on IU is just the cool thing to do. That all goes away if we start winning. 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Because of a few Jeff Goodman Tweets about our basketball coaching search that y'all REALLY don't appreciate?

Riiiight....

Do you really believe that the program doesn’t look terrible right now? The leaks are embarrassing, half our players are in the transfer portal, and every national media guy out there has been trashing us every chance they get for the past week. Combine all that with our past five years and yeah, our program is an embarrassment. 

Some of us may need to take a walk or go enjoy a bag of Oreos... Really, the extremes that some jump to are almost comical. If UK or PU fans were posting the kinds of things a few of the posters on here were posting based primarily off tweets, rumblings,  and whispers... we’d be rolling on the floor laughing.  Relax. Everything will be fine. And at the end of the day it’s basketball.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Do you really believe that the program doesn’t look terrible right now? The leaks are embarrassing, half our players are in the transfer portal, and every national media guy out there has been trashing us every chance they get for the past week. Combine all that with our past five years and yeah, our program is an embarrassment. 

“It is said that the darkest hour of the night comes just before the dawn.”

Have faith my Hoosier brother.