Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

This one is misdirection I believe from a couple different people

Well, if you’re managing this mother, then it might be time to step in and give a signal that you’ve got it under control and to ignore the noise - because there’s an awful lot of people piling on to make it appear to be the complete opposite. 

This fan base is so gullible and will believe any story out there.  Just let Dolson do his job before judging the hire and you wonder why people nationally think we are nuts.  We might not like what they think of us but there are a lot more truth to it than we want to think.

2 minutes ago, Deserthoozier said:

Well, if you’re managing this mother, then it might be time to step in and give a signal that you’ve got it under control and to ignore the noise - because there’s an awful lot of people piling on to make it appear to be the complete opposite. 

For all we know, this could have been someone at OSU or Holtmann himself trying to make a conference foe in a state he recruits look foolish.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

This fan base is so gullible and will believe any story out there.  Just let Dolson do his job before judging the hire and you wonder why people nationally think we are nuts.  We might not like what they think of us but there are a lot more truth to it than we want to think.

Perception is reality until shown otherwise. Dolson’s job is to manage both! If all of the rumors are just noise/smokescreen then part of his job is to manage perception and control some of the message...instead of letting Goodman do it!

4 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

For all we know, this could have been someone at OSU or Holtmann himself trying to make a conference foe in a state he recruits look foolish.

Truthfully, I think this is more about Holtmann maybe trying to leverage more money out of OSU

1 minute ago, mdiu28 said:

There is no way we reached out to Holtmann.

I feel like the media is just trying to make us look pathetic at this point. 

Sources: Jeff Goodman doesn't know ****

The media doesn't need to, IU has done that for the better part of 20 years and looks like there's no plan to get it right this time.

2 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

There is no way we reached out to Holtmann.

I feel like the media is just trying to make us look pathetic at this point. 

Sources: Jeff Goodman doesn't know ****

Definitely has the feel of Holtmann throwing his hat into the ring, maybe having minimal talks then saying "nah, I'm good"