Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

10 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

I'm more surprised if a player at a school going through a coaching change isn't in the transfer portal. You have a one-time opportunity to make a change without repercussion and this allows players to take a coaching change into their own hands instead of relying on the University to make a good decision for their future.

Agree. But it’s also a reason this is a bad year to dismiss a coach and go into a protracted search. We’re probably not to “protracted “ status yet, but if these other coaches start getting snapped up before we have someone who knows what a kid might do. 

1 minute ago, IUHAHN81 said:

Dolson must be confident in his hire enough to risk losing a few current guys. Knowing if he gets who he wants, plenty of great players will come in their place.

I think there is a good deal of truth here. Hoping there is anyway. 

Bobby Rahal probably agrees too. 

2 minutes ago, IUHAHN81 said:

Dolson must be confident in his hire enough to risk losing a few current guys. Knowing if he gets who he wants, plenty of great players will come in their place.

The only one we know we've lost is Al.  Entering the portal doesn't automatically mean a player will actually leave.

21 minutes ago, JudahRMK said:

All the players entering the portal is a telling sign in my opinion...SD is starting to feel some heat internally i bet

While you don't want a new Coach coming into a situation where he has no players, what in the world did our players ever win? I just don't see this as that big a deal. Our players aren't that good as much as we all love and support them. With transfers this year in particular the right Coach can bring in new guys and be competitive next year.

Either the players really don’t have a clue who the next coach may be or just testing  this once in a lifetime free pass to transfer option.....Obviously they are getting anxious too. I hope TJD holds strong....

10 minutes ago, IUHAHN81 said:

That or he’s scrambling with no clear picture. Let’s hope it’s the former

8 minutes ago, OldBuddy67 said:

While you don't want a new Coach coming into a situation where he has no players, what in the world did our players ever win? I just don't see this as that big a deal. Our players aren't that good as much as we all love and support them. With transfers this year in particular the right Coach can bring in new guys and be competitive next year.

TJD is all B1G

Lander is a promising freshman

Phin has the talent to be an all B1G guard if he gets his head right (maybe a new coach helps?). 

There’s just not much upside to a mass exodus of talent. 

2 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

If the Plan was Beard and now Shaka leaving, could throw SD a major curve ball

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He's been out of the tournament all week.  If that was the plan the ink should be dry already if Dolson knows what he's doing. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I looked on Twitter just now and counted over 50 fire Brad Stevens posts in the last 24 hours. They didn't even play last night. 

It’s bad. I seen one a few days ago where the person said he “wanted to show up on his front door and cut his ******* head off.” I went back and tried to find it to show to a buddy and it’s gone! Must have been deleted or taken down. The vitriol is on another level. I seent it.

2 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

It’s bad. I seen one a few days ago where the person said he “wanted to show up on his front door and cut his ******* head off.” I went back and tried to find it to show to a buddy and it’s gone! Must have been deleted or taken down. The vitriol is on another level. I seent it.

They're the Kentucky fans of the NBA.  

4 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

E03C46F9-B0AC-46F5-BDE1-A6ECC3212658.gif

Just now, P92 said:

If it’s Stevens or Beard I would think we’d know by tomorrow. Otherwise, the target has to be someone still in the tourney, with  maybe Beilein and the IU guys as fallbacks if that doesn’t work.

What is the significance of tomorrow? Other than the 27th has been "rumored" to be a day that MIGHT be important. 

Is that just some made up deadline?