Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

And with the Celtics hovering around the fringes of the East playoff picture, Ainge decided now was the time to shake up the roster, in the hopes of Boston returning to something closer to the level it is used to playing at.

"This is a team I put together. I am responsible for it. I think that you talked about patience; I think I am very, very patient. I've been at this a long time. I think there's a time to overreact, but I didn't feel pressure to do any of these things. I feel that this is a deal I would have done at any time over the last few years, probably, with this opportunity. But I guess the greatest pressure is just I want our players to feel hope, and I want our coach to feel hope, and I sense some discouragement internally with our guys. So that was one reason why we did something now as opposed to waiting down the road."

Just now, Soulsnipes said:

And with the Celtics hovering around the fringes of the East playoff picture, Ainge decided now was the time to shake up the roster, in the hopes of Boston returning to something closer to the level it is used to playing at.

"This is a team I put together. I am responsible for it. I think that you talked about patience; I think I am very, very patient. I've been at this a long time. I think there's a time to overreact, but I didn't feel pressure to do any of these things. I feel that this is a deal I would have done at any time over the last few years, probably, with this opportunity. But I guess the greatest pressure is just I want our players to feel hope, and I want our coach to feel hope, and I sense some discouragement internally with our guys. So that was one reason why we did something now as opposed to waiting down the road."

giphy (13).gif

2 minutes ago, Soulsnipes said:

We love the hopeless in Bloomington

3 minutes ago, Soulsnipes said:

Those moves really don't solve much if their issues 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I looked on Twitter just now and counted over 50 fire Brad Stevens posts in the last 24 hours. They didn't even play last night. 

Chris check your PM please.

1 hour ago, Nonymouse said:

Look man, you passed along a lot of detailed stories as if they were gospel. They simply weren’t. You’re even implicitly admitting that here by saying you were out on a limb. 

I have zero problem if you want to believe in it just because it’s fun. Have at it. But when you mix in a bunch of falsehoods and posture it as legit info to get other people to believe, that bothers me, and that’s why I’ve been fired up about this.

Pat Shoulders, is that you?

1 hour ago, Nonymouse said:

Look man, you passed along a lot of detailed stories as if they were gospel. They simply weren’t. You’re even implicitly admitting that here by saying you were out on a limb. 

I have zero problem if you want to believe in it just because it’s fun. Have at it. But when you mix in a bunch of falsehoods and posture it as legit info to get other people to believe, that bothers me, and that’s why I’ve been fired up about this.

Color me skeptical of someone who showed up here the morning after Stevens' "Masshole" comments, and has spent the past week doing nothing but trashing our fanbase and trusted insiders. 

9 minutes ago, Rookie33 said:

Shaka to Marquette, which presumably means Beard to UT.... Interesting development

Well gosh, I guess Marquette is a better job than IU.  They nabbed a guy with a losing conference record in 6 years at Texas to be their coach, ha ha.

32 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

My two favorite teams Chicago Bears and IU basketball.

Bears fans still think they are getting Russell Wilson

IU fans still think they are getting Brad Stevens.

Not sure which group is in greater denial.

Just looked Vegas has it at:

IU fans        +700

Bears fans  +550

What are the odds on Brad Stevens to the Bears?

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I'm not going out on a limb like last time, the hate I got was crazy, but I understand. I want it to happen and still believe. But I want everyone to believe what they want to believe, except for nonmousey or whatever his name is. I'm not a fan. 

No hate.  We all love you!!!!

34 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

My two favorite teams Chicago Bears and IU basketball.

Bears fans still think they are getting Russell Wilson

IU fans still think they are getting Brad Stevens.

Not sure which group is in greater denial.

Just looked Vegas has it at:

IU fans        +700

Bears fans  +550

I´m in the same boat as you...I´m only 38, so my sports life has basically sucked other than 2002 lol. We did have season tickets from 1990-2004. Wish I would have paid more attention in those early years!

24 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I looked on Twitter just now and counted over 50 fire Brad Stevens posts in the last 24 hours. They didn't even play last night. 

Imagine when he comes to Indiana and loses his first game...