Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

What did you do with my friend Treesh? I want to know now or I'm going to the authorities. He would never speak like this

HE HEARD THE NAME MIKE WOODSON AND STEVE ALFORD COMBINED IN A SENTENCE.

I'm broken. Pick me up from work, take me to Nicks. I need Biz fries. 

36 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

Chris has been on this board for a long time and has a very good history of providing accurate information.  This is why he is trusted here.  You showed up last week. There is a reason people here trust Chris.  He has a great reputation that he has earned. 

Looks like you already said what I was trying to say.  Kudos.

4 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

Soooooo did the post from 0708 last week  about, “be prepared for a lot of denials from Stevens”, inadvertently turn out true?

I think denials were expected, but Stevens went much farther than people thought to the point of its over. It still probably is over, but I don't think that level of denial is what 0708 meant.

Edit: he's here so I'll let him speak for himself haha

On the incredibly slim, or nonexistent, chance Steven's announced as the next coach I think many IU fans and a lot of rival fans would be on a week long bender.

I got 4 weeks of vacation time burning a hole in my pocket. I’m ready for a bender either way, celebrating Brad or just trying to decompress for a week after this is all over a coach has been named

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I think denials were expected, but Stevens went much farther than people thought to the point of its over. It still probably is over, but I don't think that level of denial is what 0708 meant.

Edit: he's here so I'll let him speak for himself haha

I didn’t think he would go to that level

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

On the incredibly slim, or nonexistent, chance Steven's announced as the next coach I think many IU fans and a lot of rival fans would be on a week long bender.

....and SPECIFICALLY on the every news channel because of our incessant  disregard for social distancing, due to mass celebrations and partying...lol

Something that does make me think this could have been arranged a while ago and that Brad was told to just deny deny deny up until this point, is how awkward that one presser was with the Dunkin’ Donuts, Masshole thing. Seemed out of character for him  and just things he was trying to come up with to say to get the people in Boston what they wanted to hear. Just my personal opinion. IF he indeed comes to IU then you could probably point to that and would make sense.  

3 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Something that does make me think this could have been arranged a while ago and that Brad was told to just deny deny deny up until this point, is how awkward that one presser was with the Dunkin’ Donuts, Masshole thing. Seemed out of character for him  and just things he was trying to come up with to say to get the people in Boston what they wanted to hear. Just my personal opinion. IF he indeed comes to IU then you could probably point to that and would make sense.  

Leading with "I want you to understand that place to me is special".

Now I'm removing the tinfoil hat.

1 minute ago, Soulsnipes said:

hardly post, but love all the hope, excitement this board brings. Appreciate all the insight whether it turns out right or wrong. Thats what makes it so fun to speculate. Speaking of bender, I'm just continuing it from what I started :). Cheers!

That a boy. Cheers. Welcome to the board. 7 more post and you get rid of your jockstrap

My two favorite teams Chicago Bears and IU basketball.

Bears fans still think they are getting Russell Wilson

IU fans still think they are getting Brad Stevens.

Not sure which group is in greater denial.

Just looked Vegas has it at:

IU fans        +700

Bears fans  +550

Edited by iu eyedoc

I will say anytime Rabjohns is asked about Stevens he just says something like “he wants to coach in the NBA at this time”. It’s like he wants to crack the door open in case it happens. 
I wouldn’t write anything off. Indiana doesn’t have a coach right now. I’m not getting my hopes up but you never know. If Indiana does not have a head coach by the time the tournament ends, I may very well believe. That’s why I find it hard to believe that they would wait until June. Everyone and their mother would know who the coach is if the position is vacant that long. 

5 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

My two favorite teams Chicago Bears and IU basketball.

Bears fans still think they are getting Russell Wilson

IU fans still think they are getting Brad Stevens.

Not sure which group is crazier.

Just looked Vegas has it at:

IU fans        +700

Bears fans  +550

But which one do you think has a better chance? Wilson in Chicago or Stevens in B-Town?

Damn, I picked a fine week to stop sniffing glue. 

Even in my glue fog I realize there ore OTHER THREADS a person can get into if this one isn't entertaining you. Feel free to move on in silence.

I, for on, say let's have some fun with the crazy. I also love the THOUGHT of Santa Claus, doesn't mean I expect to see him in my living room. This crazy fun sure beats the negative crapola spewing on those other threads.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm relying on Dolson to make the right decision.

I am relying on Dolson to make A decision.  That way I can jump on the bandwagon like thousands of other fans that wanted another coach hired.  It is a LOT more fun complaining.  :)