Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I think that if he was to coach the rest of the season then you would need someone like Lewis or Cheaney to be interim coach, then move to associate head coach after Brad got done with the NBA season. Or the Celtics fire him today, he is here tomorrow

Appreciate the info. And appreciate you sharing what you hear. Don't let the criticism get you down. Can't speak for everyone but I think people are just frustrated with the last 5 years and the last 20+ years that when good news doesn't happen they lash out.

2 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

If Brad knows he's coming it wouldn't make any sense to wait until next week.  The Celtics are dead this season and why would they want him to keep coaching if he's leaving?  Makes no sense.

To be fair.....it isn't like they have been the poster child of sound business decisions as of late lol

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think that if he was to coach the rest of the season then you would need someone like Lewis or Cheaney to be interim coach, then move to associate head coach after Brad got done with the NBA season. Or the Celtics fire him today, he is here tomorrow

Given who may have been interviewed so far, I wonder if Dolson has been interviewing for an interim head coach position.

4 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

If Brad knows he's coming it wouldn't make any sense to wait until next week.  The Celtics are dead this season and why would they want him to keep coaching if he's leaving?  Makes no sense.

There is always the case that Brad wasn't lying and he's not interested in the Indiana job at all. He's smart, he knows the Celtics hope is very slim. He just really must be a masshole and enjoy the NBA. 

2 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Chris, could you kindly ask your double-top-secret contacts if the announcement could be tonight so we can all go on a 3 day bender?

For sure. I think we all need a 3 day bender which would turn into 5 days since the elite 8 games are Monday and Tueday

Just now, Treesh said:

There is always the case that Brad wasn't lying and he's not interested in the Indiana job at all. He's smart, he knows the Celtics hope is very slim. He just really must be a masshole and enjoy the NBA. 

That's of course that's the most likely scenario, but we are talking about what would make sense if he has decided to come to IU but delay the announcement for whatever reason

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I can't quite figure that out. There is a lot of info going around and I don't care to find out the truth to it because I'm not a Matta fan. He always reminded me of Gargamel on the smurfs. Yes that's how I decide if I like someone or not :-)

I look like Tom Hanks....but mostly the Philadelphia shaved head and stubble version.  Do you like me?

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

What did you do with my friend Treesh? I want to know now or I'm going to the authorities. He would never speak like this

1 minute ago, PB1230 said:

That's of course that's the most likely scenario, but we are talking about what would make sense if he has decided to come to IU but delay the announcement for whatever reason

I don't understand why we keep getting leaks from guys like Chris and Yeagley if there was never anything to it.  Sure maybe Brad thought about for a while and ultimately changed his mind but you'll never convince me that he didn't have some serious talks with Dolson.  Just way too much fire.

4 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Chris, could you kindly ask your double-top-secret contacts if the announcement could be tonight so we can all go on a 3 day bender?

On the incredibly slim, or nonexistent, chance Steven's announced as the next coach I think many IU fans and a lot of rival fans would be on a week long bender.

Who is coming Mouse? 
I don't know, he doesn't know, you don't know no one knows.
I seriously Doubt he is coming. I would love to see it though. However, I'm not going to get my hopes so high, that I will then turnaround and say we shouldn't have fired Archie because we aren't getting the coach we want

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

For sure. I think we all need a 3 day bender which would turn into 5 days since the elite 8 games are Monday and Tueday

Soooooo did the post from 0708 last week  about, “be prepared for a lot of denials from Stevens”, inadvertently turn out true?

43 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

Look man, you passed along a lot of detailed stories as if they were gospel. They simply weren’t. You’re even implicitly admitting that here by saying you were out on a limb. 

I have zero problem if you want to believe in it just because it’s fun. Have at it. But when you mix in a bunch of falsehoods and posture it as legit info to get other people to believe, that bothers me, and that’s why I’ve been fired up about this.

Cool.  Then not sure you continue to feed it.

But, FWIW, Chris has supplied tons of early information prior that was 100% on the nose.  What you are accusing him of is lying and misleading the board when there is nothing in his history that would even slightly suggest that.  If his intel is bad here, it’s bad....but you saying he is just making things up isn’t a bad look for him....it is a bad look for you.