Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Reading through this thread reminds me of the story about the  little boy who only wanted a pony for Christmas.  A pony is the only thing he asked for in his letter to Santa and the only thing he ever asked of every Santa he saw.  Christmas morning he raced downstairs and there it was under the Christmas tree.  A big pile of horse manure.  The little boy got the biggest smile on his face and dove right into that pile flinging manure in every direction.  When his mom asked him what on earth he was doing he replied, "a pile of horse manure this big means there must be a pony in here somewhere."

You all are still looking for that pony and it ain't there.

I have a pony.jpg

6 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

Look man, you passed along a lot of detailed stories as if they were gospel. They simply weren’t. You’re even implicitly admitting that here by saying you were out on a limb. 

I have zero problem if you want to believe in it just because it’s fun. Have at it. But when you mix in a bunch of falsehoods and posture it as legit info to get other people to believe, that bothers me, and that’s why I’ve been fired up about this.

Who is coming Mouse? 

6 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

Look man, you passed along a lot of detailed stories as if they were gospel. They simply weren’t. You’re even implicitly admitting that here by saying you were out on a limb. 

I have zero problem if you want to believe in it just because it’s fun. Have at it. But when you mix in a bunch of falsehoods and posture it as legit info to get other people to believe, that bothers me, and that’s why I’ve been fired up about this.

Chris a great dude and I appreciate what he brings to the board. It’s a lot of fun to speculate and have wishful thinking until a turd “you” gets dropped into the punch bowl. 

12 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

lolz.....take it easy. Everyone can decide for their own if they want to believe any information - yours included. We don't need information police. You're getting pushback bc you come on here and have this attitude like your information is above everyone else's. I'm going to bet you know nothing either. 

Let us have our fun. We're all adults here (I think). 

32 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

As far as I'm concerned? This is good fun.

All--please keep trying not to take potshots at fellow posters, and have a good giggle or wishful think!

Note: If we can be fairly clear when we separate the (relatively) serious discussion from the less serious stuff it'll stay good for one and all.

Being a long time HSN member and then coming here during the “crash”, I have noticed a lot of comforting similarities.

The Mods on each site are on their toes. I appreciate their effort and desire to shut down any and all hostility, language and disrespect among posters.

HSN and BB each have their highly respected, “IU source” guys who share when allowed.
The Overall climate from both sites is not only respectful and civil, but thoroughly enjoyable.
Of course there will always be disagreements and bantering back and forth. However, at the end of the day we all come together as an Army of IU faithful friends, fans, men and women. 
Go IU!

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Thank you. He must be a fan because he follows me around everywhere. I might have to sign something for him to put on his fridge or something. 

I was literally just responding to a post where you mentioned me. 

9 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

The people who have been posting what they have been hearing have been around for years and are not some "johnny come lately" *cough*. Who knows what will ultimately happen with the coaching search, but you seem to be making it personal.

I love the idea of us getting Stevens as our coach. The parts that don’t add up for me are that Steven’s got a raise from Boston after we offered(False). We offered the Job To Matta which was said to be true by our insiders. Can’t be true if Stevens is coming.

Calbert and Woodson hype.

That’s why I am tying to be more cautious this time around. I don’t believe it, just more wishful thinking. I will admit I’ve hoped for awhile now that the insiders were right on Stevens coming back home. Theory that word got out to fast and they had to shut it down. Also because of how awkward Brad’s second interview was.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners