Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

I can't quite figure that out. There is a lot of info going around and I don't care to find out the truth to it because I'm not a Matta fan. He always reminded me of Gargamel on the smurfs. Yes that's how I decide if I like someone or not :-)

Any chance the Matta/Woodson/ Cheaney talks were about taking over the team until the NBA season is over. They would be fairly credible hires that would not be questioned by the press and would allow Stevens to finishing out the season with the Celtics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Reading through this thread reminds me of the story about the  little boy who only wanted a pony for Christmas.  A pony is the only thing he asked for in his letter to Santa and the only thing he ever asked of every Santa he saw.  Christmas morning he raced downstairs and there it was under the Christmas tree.  A big pile of horse manure.  The little boy got the biggest smile on his face and dove right into that pile flinging manure in every direction.  When his mom asked him what on earth he was doing he replied, "a pile of horse manure this big means there must be a pony in here somewhere."

You all are still looking for that pony and it ain't there.

Sounds like a grateful kid to me. Can only hope to be like him. 

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Reading through this thread reminds me of the story about the  little boy who only wanted a pony for Christmas.  A pony is the only thing he asked for in his letter to Santa and the only thing he ever asked of every Santa he saw.  Christmas morning he raced downstairs and there it was under the Christmas tree.  A big pile of horse manure.  The little boy got the biggest smile on his face and dove right into that pile flinging manure in every direction.  When his mom asked him what on earth he was doing he replied, "a pile of horse manure this big means there must be a pony in here somewhere."

What kind of parents buy a kid a huge pile of sh*t for Christmas? That's just plain wrong.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

At the end of the day, we've gotta watch this team next year and each year after that until either we die or college basketball ceases to exist. Might as well have fun with it. 

If Woodson comes and sucks, that just means we'll have a nice fun thread on BTB. 

It was more fun when the Brad train was full steam ahead. I must admit, I haven't been checking the board as much as I was last week. Ugh, but you're right-- it is exciting. 

If we don't have a new coach by this time next week then wow.. that will sure draw some speculation on Brad LOL

Just now, Treesh said:

It was more fun when the Brad train was full steam ahead. I must admit, I haven't been checking the board as much as I was last week. Ugh, but you're right-- it is exciting. 

If we don't have a new coach by this time next week then wow.. that will sure draw some speculation on Brad LOL

Welcome aboard 

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I can't quite figure that out. There is a lot of info going around and I don't care to find out the truth to it because I'm not a Matta fan. He always reminded me of Gargamel on the smurfs. Yes that's how I decide if I like someone or not :-)

Wow... I never thought of that before you said that. Wow I totally see it. All aboard the Brad Stevens train again. Next stop Bloomington

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

But what's wrong with that? I don't go to other threads and tell people you are crazy for saying Mike Woodsen is going to be the next coach. I guess I'll go to church on Sunday so I can be judged some more. 

Point of clarification --  I've never said Woody or anyone else is going to be our next coach.  I've been totally on the sidelines reading everyone else's takes on the search.  I'm relying on Dolson to make the right decision.

42 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm not going out on a limb like last time, the hate I got was crazy, but I understand. I want it to happen and still believe. But I want everyone to believe what they want to believe, except for nonmousey or whatever his name is. I'm not a fan. 

E603F20D-14DB-488E-A62C-718DBC777777.png

As far as I'm concerned? This is good fun.

All--please keep trying not to take potshots at fellow posters, and have a good giggle or wishful think!

Note: If we can be fairly clear when we separate the (relatively) serious discussion from the less serious stuff it'll stay good for one and all.

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I think the morale of this story is:

Be a kid and have fun with it - because you'll be stuck cleaning up manure anyway.

Edited by jimsorgi

If Mattas health is still a major question mark, but he wants to give it a go ... and he has ties to Brad ... why not give it a year as an assistant?  And/Or take the reins until June?  I realize 99% of egos would never allow that ... but at least maybe give it a trial run?  Risk/reward?  

As far as I'm concerned? This is good fun.
All--please keep trying not to take potshots at fellow posters, and have a good giggle or wishful think!
Note: If we can be fairly clear when we separate the (relatively) serious discussion from the less serious stuff it'll stay good for one and all.

Right. Who cares if we get our hopes too high and end up disappointed? We're all following this for fun. We know there's a good chance Stevens won't be the next coach, but it's fun, and there's nothing else to talk about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk