Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, Nonymouse said:

Not saying this based on articles or random peoples’ opinions.

Trying to help. 

Well if you could give definitive proof of how this discussion has impacted the coaching search I might believe you but I don’t think you can. Besides unless you are Scott Dolson or someone in the athletic department how would you even really know if fans are making an impact? 

5 hours ago, Nonymouse said:

No. But it’s further evidence that such a gigantic portion of the fan base is so disconnected from reality it makes the job twice as difficult as it should be. 

It’s the sam reason the national media craps on us at every turn. It’s largely earned. 

I haven't read all 60 pages since I went to bed last night, so I am sure there is some catching up to do.  That being said.  What a gigantic load of crap this post is. 

IU's fanbase is no different than any other fanbase for a major sports program.  We have our whack-a-doodles; we have our serious fans; we have our bandwagon fans; and we have the vast majority of fans that cheer for the team when they are playing but these fans do not think to much about the team otherwise.  

Yep, if you want to quote message boards to show your irrational fans, this is a good place to start.  You immediately get yourself into the 1 percent club.  That club where the fans are so passionate that they spend time with other fans talking about the team.  Now you can take the bell curve to this fan base, and pick out the 1% of the 1% that go to the extreme, and you can use their quotes to show the entire fanbase is delusional about their team.

No real person takes these message boards seriously.  Sure some of the impressionable 18 - 21 year old players do, but their brains are still developing.  No coach candidate takes these seriously; if they did they would have had to hospitalize themselves years ago, because if they ever lost a game, they would know they are worthless sacks of ****, and should go jump off the highest building in their town.

Just now, IU Prof said:

I'm looking forward to the posts after we hire someone else (like Musselman) about how Stevens is really secretly coaching the team behind the scenes, with a series of predictions that Stevens will officially take the position over publicly at various random dates in the future.

I'm all for a good conspiracy theory and this would keep the thread alive a while. 

The Celtics don’t play 4/3 (day of Final Four games) or 4/5 (day of national championship).

Announcement 4/3 prior to games for a ton of publicity (not that he’d have to be off for that but he’d be able to avoid direct media contact)? Presser 4/5 prior to championship for even more publicity?