Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 hour ago, Hoosier2016 said:

Flight going to Gary/Chicago tomorrow at 230 . Take Stevens back to his team for a final goodbye??

375A1FD8-E18D-4BBE-BA0D-B756056B3F2F.jpeg

Irrelevant but the 9 minute flight from Bloomington to Greenwood made me laugh. Guess someone really didn’t want to take the detour on 37. 

2 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

That felt like a novel when reading that, I’m impressed AP!

I’ve been sitting on that for a week and figured I might as well join in and help take the top off this craziness lol 

Also I left out the part about how Thad Matta fit in. Thad wanted the job and was in discussions but then he backed out. So why did Thad back out of those discussions? I’m thinking Thad backed out because he found out that one of his former assistant coaches was coming home and agreed to take the job and that was none other than Brad Stevens. So then some idiot from Rivals decided to write some unconfirmed article that exaggerated the situation but what that told me was that Dolson and company are paying attention to what’s going on with the IU message boards just like Glass did.

4 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Or we slowly become disappointed when someone else is hired

I’m not going that far. I’ll give anyone a chance. I just saw signs with Archie early on that it wasn’t going to go well and it didn’t. That said I don’t think it has to be Brad. I just want it to so I can rub it in the faces of people that said he’d never take the IU job.

Just now, Hippopotamo said:

So Brad Stevens follows IU message boards and thought the fans are too passionate and irrational?

No. But it’s further evidence that such a gigantic portion of the fan base is so disconnected from reality it makes the job twice as difficult as it should be. 

It’s the sam reason the national media craps on us at every turn. It’s largely earned. 

2 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

No. But it’s further evidence that such a gigantic portion of the fan base is so disconnected from reality it makes the job twice as difficult as it should be. 

It’s the sam reason the national media craps on us at every turn. It’s largely earned. 

Ya ya we all get. I know it’s a one in a million shot. You were saying Woodson all this week and that still hasn’t happened. A bunch of message board posters isn’t the reason the job is hard. So until a new coach is named I will dream a little.

3 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

The great irony is that the preposterous and embarrassing level of delusion in this thread is in part precisely why BS, let alone TM, doesn’t want the IU job despite the money and resources. 

I’ve traveled all around the world and been everywhere in this country minus six states.......I’ve seen a lot worse fans from many other college programs and professional sports franchises. So relax, enjoy the ride, and make sure you get good legal council when BS files a restraining order for all us cooks.  

3 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

Ya ya we all get. I know it’s a one in a million shot. You were saying Woodson all this week and that still hasn’t happened. A bunch of message board posters isn’t the reason the job is hard. So until a new coach is named I will dream a little.

Never said there was a deal with Woodson because there hasn’t been one. 

All I’ve said is that Thad turned it down (which has now been corroborated by actual reporters) and I said Brad never seriously considered it (which is true, but you don’t have to believe that if you don’t want to). But what bothers me is that he can publicly shoot it down multiple times and we still waste our time in this thread. 

Edited by Nonymouse

5 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

Says the guy who writes a fairy tale about how the university has concocted a nonsensically cryptic 10 step plan to hire his coach of choice. 

I said it was a theory that I put out there for fun. Who cares “besides you” it’s a message board and to be honest I can say with almost 100% certainty that crap you’re spewing isn’t believed by any coach except Mark Few and he’s turned down many jobs over the years mostly because he has it made. The fan base has it’s issues at times but all fan bases do. So if you believe every little article you read by some idiots that don’t know anything except how to get clicks then I can’t help you and you should probably get off the message boards because nobody here is going to listen to a guy that comes on here ting on the fan base which is what you’ve done since you showed up.

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

I said it was a theory that I put out there for fun. Who cares “besides you” it’s a message board and to be honest I can say with almost 100% certainty that crap you’re spewing isn’t believed by any coach except Mark Few and he’s turned down many jobs over the years mostly because he has it made. The fan base has it’s issues at times but all fan bases do. So if you believe every little article you read by some idiots that don’t know anything except how to get clicks then I can’t help you and you should probably get off the message boards because nobody here is going to listen to a guy that comes on here ting on the fan base which is what you’ve done since you showed up.

Not saying this based on articles or random peoples’ opinions.

Trying to help.