Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

I will not text my sports friends and be embarrassed again.... I will not text my sports friends and be embarrassed again.....

Let it play out and if it happens you can just tell them “I told you so”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I go away for a couple hours and everything on here goes crazy! I’ve had a theory since last week that I hadn’t shared because I didn’t feel like putting on the tin foil hat but I’m getting ready to bust that bad boy out! 

BRAD ******* STEVENS TO IU

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

I go away for a couple hours and everything on here goes crazy! I’ve had a theory since last week that I hadn’t shared because I didn’t feel like putting on the tin foil hat but I’m getting ready to bust that bad boy out! 

BRAD ******* STEVENS TO IU

Share that stuff homie

40 minutes ago, Hoosier2016 said:

Flight going to Gary/Chicago tomorrow at 230 . Take Stevens back to his team for a final goodbye??

375A1FD8-E18D-4BBE-BA0D-B756056B3F2F.jpeg

I've got way too much time on my hands as I know that Gary is in the Central Time Zone, not the Eastern.  Hate that everyone assumes all of Indiana is Eastern.

Brad Stevens Theory Part 1

The OSU guy was right. Brad and the Celtics did start having issues at the end of last season because he wanted to play GH even when he struggled at times but Brad new he wasn’t washed up like many believed. So then GH wanted to come home to Indiana while at the same time Brad wanted the Celtics to get more size on the roster. So he wanted Myles Turner and Doug McDermott from the Pacers however Ainge wanted to fleece the Pacers by getting one of Warren/Vic too. That was t happening so the deal fell through and GH signed a bigger deal in Charlotte and Ainge only signed a 6’9 Tristan Thompson.

Brad Stevens Theory Part 2

Then at some point Brad and IU brass/boosters started talking to see if their was interest because IU new Archie wasn’t the answer. Brad was frustrated and was willing to listen. So IU fires Archie because a booster paid 10 million for him to hit the road. Then that’s when rumors started flying because a booster wouldn’t pay 10 million just to get rid of a guy unless Dolson could guarantee things would get better. Then Brad denies his interest in the job but over the course of the week the rumors continued to grow. I think this was because someone in the athletic department or some of the boosters involved couldn’t keep their mouths shut but Brad still wasn’t ready to leave the Celtics. So he had to get the heat off of him.

Brad Stevens Theory Part 3 and 4

That’s when 0708’s source said be ready for more denials. Then minutes later the source said it’s over Brad backed out. Well then I saw the video and let me tell you. That was the worst denial I’ve ever seen. Brad would’ve been better off just staining into the camera and saying “I am not taking the Indiana job! I’m the Coach of the Celtics and will continue to be” or something along those lines. Instead he made up some crap denial and was so confident in getting it right he had to read it from a teleprompter like a college kids reading note cards during speech class. 

So everyone in the media believed the denial and whoever was leaking the details was told by Dolson, Stevens, or whoever to shut the **** up until they were ready for the announcement to be made. That’s why the OSU guy and others quit talking was because they were told to shut up.

Brad Stevens Theory Part 5

The twist to this was the deadline. The Celtics might’ve thought they could improve the roster to convince Brad to stay or something. Maybe Brad still wanted a center because they are very small compared to the other top teams in the league at that position. So what did Ainge do? He got a bench scorer and traded away their starting center.