Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

18 minutes ago, 12345Brad said:

Ha. I can’t cheat on HSN - but I’ll bring some cold beers over!

Flight going to Gary/Chicago tomorrow at 230 . Take Stevens back to his team for a final goodbye??

375A1FD8-E18D-4BBE-BA0D-B756056B3F2F.jpeg

Edited by Hoosier2016

3 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Maybe someone told Brad Stevens he can still drink Dunkin' Donuts, swerve around cars in traffic, and root for the Patriots in Bloomington too.

I don't think rooting for the Patriots would be a problem here, sadly. There have been a sh*t ton of Patriots fans in this state since the early 2000's. 

3 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

How realistic is it to get Stevens at this point? Should I continue to bet the Celtics then? Everytime I bet them... They lose? When I bet Celtics I’m 0-6!

sounds like a coaching change is in order, no?

28 minutes ago, 12345Brad said:

Short time lurker here ... started when HSN went down. Anyway, one of you gents earlier today spotted that plane from Chicago to Bloomington.        I looked where it originated ...

Is it possible his wife (agent), flew into Chicago, picked him up, they went to Bloomington, made history, and now we have to dig up some flights back?   Perhaps just coincidence ... but fun to get hopes up ...

6D4734AA-A2EF-4417-A03C-C7D123DCB9CA.jpeg

I wanted to believe this but during this time Brad was spotted at practice at Marquette where they are playing the Bucks tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, jimsorgi said:

There’s been a consistent plan on this from the beginning. Maybe it doesn’t end up happening... but don’t think it has changed. 

I think I see what you’re talking about. The plan seems to have been to send a bunch of middle-aged men into a minute by minute roller coaster ride of panic and euphoria for approximately two weeks while also sowing seeds of hatred for both Dunkin’ doughnuts and leprechauns. At least that’s how we’ve executed the plan here.

Edited by Herotime

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I wanted to believe this but during this time Brad was spotted at practice at Marquette where they are playing the Bucks tomorrow.

I looked up the jet - it was a luxury jet.   Could his wife have just landed, gotten the paper work signed and went on her way. Or just been his wife?   Or just there to negotiate on his behalf?   

Just seems quite coincidental ... and maybe that’s all it is. 

Edited by 12345Brad