Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

Me too and if it doesn’t come true, I’ve had a blast. Hell if it doesn’t come true it might be the best thing in Indiana Basketball for the next 20 years.LOL

Please don't make this be the case I can't take another 20 years of this. 

Based on Stevens previous comments it’s difficult to think something has changed. He appeared pretty emphatic that he wasn’t interested   
And yesterday or day before he brought up the rumors again, unprompted, just as a comparison to other not true rumors.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I so wanted this to happen last week because I felt it would be our "Calipari to Kentucky" moment, and would show the college basketball world that we're finally putting on the big boy pants and we mean business again. We've been kicked around and mocked for so long...what a reward this would be if it actually happened. 

This is how I feel too. Obviously Stevens is a great coach, so that would be great. But if Stevens came to coach, it would say a lot nationally about the program, and that would feel good as a fan.

In terms of the actual coaching, I think I'd be equally excited about Stevens and Oats for the future of the program, but the short term excitement would be higher with Stevens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, rcs29 said:

And yesterday or day before he brought up the rumors again, unprompted, just as a comparison to other not true rumors.

That struck me as odd, too. Maybe nothing, but maybe a wink, or even just an indicator that either way his subconscious hadn’t let it go

He actually said:
"Last week I was going to Indiana according to everybody, right? So, rumors sometimes are right and sometimes they're wrong."

Maybe the rumors were right this time.

1 minute ago, Free Jurkin! said:

This is how I feel too. Obviously Stevens is a great coach, so that would be great. But if Stevens came to coach, it would say a lot nationally about the program, and that would feel good as a fan.

In terms of the actual coaching, I think I'd be equally excited about Stevens and Oats for the future of the program, but the short term excitement would be higher with Stevens.

While they’re different coaches I think they have similar recruiting appeals, though I think BS’s NBA experience would be a huge boost at IU

That struck me as odd, too. Maybe nothing, but maybe a wink, or even just an indicator that either way his subconscious hadn’t let it go
I was looking at it differently. Basically took it as double or tripling down that he is not leaving.

Just now, HoosierBoiler said:

Dolson to Stevens: Your last press conference wasn’t good enough if you want people in Indiana to shut up. Your gonna have to be Masshole about this!

also throw in you love the patriots

Also, I will pretend to interview "candidates" this week and have a handful of players enter the transfer portal!  That will really throw them off!

"Sometimes they're true and sometimes they're not" or something along those lines

He actually said:
"Last week I was going to Indiana according to everybody, right? So, rumors sometimes are right and sometimes they're wrong."

Maybe the rumors were right this time.

Fair enough. Still feel like it may be a case of getting what you want out of it. By all means everyone go crazy. I'm not here to poop on anything.