Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

3 hours ago, mdiu28 said:

Major letdown, eh?

Probably someone we haven't mentioned once.

Todd Lickliter? Buzz Williams? The Fist? Scott Skiles? Woodson? Wittman?

I need a vomit bag.

I'm sure Frank Martin is ready to get out of South Carolina (sarcasm).

Edited by HinnyHoosier

To be fair, there were smoke screens galore the last couple hires.  We were all convinced Kruger was the guy at one point.  The Janitor was saying 4 years ago that it was Alford even though he was never considered. If Dolson is at least somewhat intelligent he's keeping things very close to the vest and putting out many smoke screens.  We have no reason not to trust him at this point.  So everyone should.  Now if he actually does hire Woodson, Alford, Beilein, etc then all hell will break lose.  Until then stay calm.

3 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm ready to move on.

If what Chris007 and IUwins0708 reported is true, we've done more than enough to try to lure Stevens. If he doesn't want to be in B-town -- then let's put him in our rearview mirror.

I want someone at IU who really wants to be there and is qualified -- not because he couldn't say no to an insane amount of money. 

If Alabama took that approach they never would’ve gotten Saban. He waffled a lot. Reportedly, the AL AD flew down there and held Saban and his agents hand as they called Miami ownership and then immediately flew Saban back to Tuscalussa before he could change his mind. 

3 minutes ago, str8baller said:

If Alabama took that approach they never would’ve gotten Saban. He waffled a lot. Reportedly, the AL AD flew down there and held Saban and his agents hand as they called Miami ownership and then immediately flew Saban back to Tuscalussa before he could change his mind. 

Well hopefully Dolson has soft hands :)

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Like all the people that spoke in absolutes that BS was coming?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yes, the long time posters who had provided accurate "inside info" several times in the past.  Not like that guy who made absolute assertions in his/her first post or two.  Come on!

35 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

To be fair, there were smoke screens galore the last couple hires.  We were all convinced Kruger was the guy at one point.  The Janitor was saying 4 years ago that it was Alford even though he was never considered. If Dolson is at least somewhat intelligent he's keeping things very close to the vest and putting out many smoke screens.  We have no reason not to trust him at this point.  So everyone should.  Now if he actually does hire Woodson, Alford, Beilein, etc then all hell will break lose.  Until then stay calm.

What exactly is the point of a smokescreen?

Take me back to four days ago. We were holding each other's hands around the camp fire, praying, singing joyful songs, drinking beer, smiling because hope was instilled in Indiana Basketball for the first time in years.

Brad was the home-run hire. He would save the fan base. He would unite the fan base. He would save the program regardless of a championship. His name alone would make us ranked. 

Gosh.. what it could've been.

That red sweater on Brad would've been iconic. 

Brad ********* Stevens! 

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

To keep attention off of your real target.  

Which is why I think Beard is the guy. He’s the most logical choice outside of Stevens and there has been too little smoke surrounding his name. 

Kind of like when your toddlers are silent for 5 minutes in the other room you know something momentous is happening.

49 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Major letdown, eh?

I need a vomit bag.

Steve Lavin maybe.....lol 

1 hour ago, mdiu28 said:

Major letdown, eh?

I need a vomit bag.

I’ve been saying this all along. It’s gonna be some random person none of us thought to mention and we are all going to be let down. This is where we are. Forgive the pessimism, but why would I have any hope at this point?

$10 million?  That's insane money.  If we are really hunting with THAT amount loaded in the chamber we should expand the list to every breathing coach out there. Including guys that have actually won championships.

10 is too much (if it is even real)..I have too much fun reminding my KY buddies how heavy that Cal $8 mill/year for life must feel lately. 

10 minutes ago, ColtsIU-ND said:

$10 million?  That's insane money.  If we are really hunting with THAT amount loaded in the chamber we should expand the list to every breathing coach out there. Including guys that have actually won championships.

10 is too much (if it is even real)..I have too much fun reminding my KY buddies how heavy that Cal $8 mill/year for life must feel lately. 

If that’s the case I don’t know if Boston will even go over $10 million ($8-9 million is more realistic to offer Brad to coach), since Popvich is around $10 million- $11 million 

1 hour ago, Treesh said:

Take me back to four days ago. We were holding each other's hands around the camp fire, praying, singing joyful songs, drinking beer, smiling because hope was instilled in Indiana Basketball for the first time in years.

Brad was the home-run hire. He would save the fan base. He would unite the fan base. He would save the program regardless of a championship. His name alone would make us ranked. 

Gosh.. what it could've been.

That red sweater on Brad would've been iconic. 

Brad ********* Stevens! 

I agree with you on everything except the part he would unite the fanbase. I don't think he's that type of person. But I still think he's a grand slam hire. It's just that his sense of loyalty to 'everything Indiana' was not what we thought it would be. Nonetheless he would do a terrific job because he's a great basketball mind and his players loved him (but seemingly not at Boston). 

3 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Some of the comments here are hilarious.  Maybe the other night was a smoke screen.  It's not going to end well for Brad in Boston. 

It was bad when they lost to the Kings, likely coming to his house bad