Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

6 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

So when we couldn't get Stevens, the big time donor directed Scott to go get an IU guy... that's my guess

Woodson or Alford

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

This is pretty much my thought as well. Go all out for the "Holy Grail" and if we get the "no thanks" then do what we haven't tried yet which is an IU guy.  According to media IU isn't what "we" think it is and the only guys that still think it is THE job are gonna be IU guys. In other words, stick with your own kind Indiana. 

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Very few/no one(?) is still “lightning him him up”

When someone took a cheap shot this week, the mods took out the trash.

There have been a ton of supportive posts.

It sucks to stick your neck out and have it not happen, so I’d be less active for awhile too.

Chris has still been posting.

It’s all good—coaching searches are super interesting and fun!

I hope he continues to be around for awhile.  No offense guys but he is my favorite poster lol.

46 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

That was my impression too but ISP got that from somewhere. He has sources too so someone told him that. 

He's just hearing "those voices" in his head again.  

Lol, Brad didn’t burn any bridges by not taking the IU job. He turned down a college job to stay with the freaking Boston Celtics. He didn’t drop a nuke on assembly hall. 
He could wake up tomorrow and tell Scott Dolson that he wants the job and Scott would have the brinks truck outside Brad’s house immediately.
The reaction to Brad turning down the job is what happens when people take anonymous sources as gospel. People were posting that random Ohio State account like he was Woj or Shams. 
Thank you. My thoughts exactly

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah but it doesn't seem like we've really reached out to anyone else and we fired Archie almost immediately and with a $10M buyout.  Has to have been some fire there.
Just because we haven't heard anything, doesn't mean they haven't reached out. Relax and let it play out.

Wasn't Keady in Bloomington yesterday visiting Coach Knight? Maybe Dolson wants to talk to both of them about being Co-Coaches. 

Also, I would like to thank the insider's for everything they bring to the forum. Doesn't matter if it's right or wrong info. They are just passing on what they have been told and it isn't the gospel. For me anything they share is very much appreciated.

14 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh good lord.

It’s a message board and it’s not even a little offensive.

There’s plenty of truly awful fan takes out there on social media (what came at Lidell today). Find something real to be offended by.

Wasn’t offended at all. I was just pointing out how silly/wishful the sentiment is. 

Edited by Nonymouse

I’m disappointed we didn’t get Brad because he was the one coach the fan base agreed upon. Now we’ll continue to see the “I didn’t want Coach ______” every time he fails to meet that person’s expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
The only ones I would ***** about are Alford, Pearl, Fife(if a Martelli like associate head coach or number 1 assistant is hired also) and whatever mid major coach makes a run during this Tournament.

I will say I find it incredible that people can be led objectively and demonstrably astray by a few people and then want more info from those people. And then someone points this out and gets attacked. 

We should be hoping for Thad or Mussel. Beard is never happening. Bennett is never happening. Brad - I will say it again, he was never seriously considering the job.  Belein is too old. 

Edited by Nonymouse

23 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

I will say I find it incredible that people can be led objectively and demonstrably astray by a few people and then want more info from those people. And then someone points this out and gets attacked. 

We should be hoping for Thad or Mussel. Beard is never happening. Bennett is never happening. Brad - I will say it again, he was never seriously considering the job.  Belein is too old. 

You seem to speak in absolutes.  I'm not saying you're wrong but why should I believe you?

Again why people having a melt down over some speculation that no one evens knows if it has any truth at all.  we should have learned by now not to get carried away because someone on a message boards says something might happen.  Remember going into yesterday that people said it was a done deal and that Stevens was coming which we now no is false.
Exactly. Relax. Unless it's Alford, Pearl or the next "hot" coach in this year's Tournament or another Archie(results), we will be fine.

14 hours ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, Masshole is a pretty common phrase upcthat way. 

I hope he wins a bunch of titles too :)

Masshole is a commom term used anywhere they migrate to,