Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

10 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Pretty sure he’s sick of getting lit up by childish grown men who accuse him of lying, so he’s taking a break. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I hope he comes back. Chris has proven over the years on btownbanners that he’s legit. 

He’s as good as it gets but I can’t blame him for taking a break

1 hour ago, ISP said:

I don’t know what the final # is. But it has to be 8-10m. It’s Dolson’s final push, he went and raised more $$. This is just my opinion, but for him to raise more $$ and offer again says he feels he was so close. Many of us have known since yesterday morning he was looking for more $$ - privately we just wanted to not share this because none of us deserve to keep hoping and the odds of it working are slim. But I did get confirmation this morning that Dolson did raise what he wanted to.

Honestly, I’m just ready for Beard. And I’m sorry I broke my promise to myself and got all your hopes up again. 

If true, I'm insulted I didn't get a phone call.

I would've thrown in a Ben Franklin or 2. You missed out, Scott. 

10,000,200/year looks better than 10,000,000/year. Just sayin. 

I’m not sure we know what might and might not be going on. At this point who knows. Maybe Stevens told Dolson he wants to finish his season but they only way to do it is to stop the leaks and the rumors. Then again maybe not. Guess we will just have to see what happens. I’m still confident we didn’t buyout 10 mill to hire Mije Woodson or Steve Alford. 

Time to move on from Brad and maybe we get surprised. But I mean if you're just going to throw 10M at him, you might as well do the same to Billy Donovan. 

After watching YouTube interviews and videos of Beard (there are plenty, go watch them fellas), I've come around to Beard and would be ecstatic if we got him. 

I’m not sure we know what might and might not be going on. At this point who knows. Maybe Stevens told Dolson he wants to finish his season but they only way to do it is to stop the leaks and the rumors. Then again maybe not. Guess we will just have to see what happens. I’m still confident we didn’t buyout 10 mill to hire Mije Woodson or Steve Alford. 
I still think people are making to big of deal out of the buyout. I didn't think archie had any chance at keeping his job. Keeping him would prove we don't have standards for basketball at all. I figure someone with alot of money felt same way I did and donated to get him out of here

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I still think people are making to big of deal out of the buyout. I didn't think archie had any chance at keeping his job. Keeping him would prove we don't have standards for basketball at all. I figure someone with alot of money felt same way I did and donated to get him out of here

Agree! Look at Archie’s record during his tenure and there was no other option. We were trending down in a program that was already underperforming 

9 minutes ago, IUguy77 said:

I’ve wondered if this is all just to get things to calm down too. Pretty unlikely, but who knows. If one of BS conditions was to finish out the season, they had to do something. I guess the longer this goes without a move in another direction, the more likely it becomes. 

1 minute ago, bigrod said:

I’ve wondered if this is all just to get things to calm down too. Pretty unlikely, but who knows. If one of BS conditions was to finish out the season, they had to do something. I guess the longer this goes without a move in another direction, the more likely it becomes. 

It's a longshot but maybe it's not within Stevens nature to quit on a team mid-season.  Some people actually hold on to shreds of integrity.  

7 minutes ago, Five Prime said:

It's a longshot but maybe it's not within Stevens nature to quit on a team mid-season.  Some people actually hold on to shreds of integrity.  

Or more likely he is out and we are moving in another direction.  There is no scenario where this drags out to May and June and people do not start to question if we are waiting him out.  Then he is answering the questions he got during the playoffs.

He's a masshole now.  He is not our guy.  He will never be our guy.  Move on from this past week.

14 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

That could be true. But we know Glass wouldn’t have done it and even if he wanted to Fire Archie he likely would have waited till next year after the buyout drops. Point is things are being handled much differently this time. Just like there not being a search firm. This situation feels more like a plan was in place than what we had from previous AD’s. 

Purely hypotheticals:

-If it was known months ago Stevens would not quit the Celtics before the completion of the NBA season.

-And Dolson et al were very confident, if not assured, they would get him.

-And Archie had to be fired as soon as our season was over due to potential player transfers, fan backlash, recruiting fallouts.

-Then Dolson and the rest of the team has to continue to throw out smoke screens and misleading information or the fan noise would be reaching a crescendo

I’m done saying who I think it is or might be.  Sure hope I’m wrong but this would make me think Dolson is an idiot a couple of days after I was ready to crown him the King.  Please be wrong!!
So when we couldn't get Stevens, the big time donor directed Scott to go get an IU guy... that's my guess

Woodson or Alford

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

So when we couldn't get Stevens, the big time donor directed Scott to go get an IU guy... that's my guess

Woodson or Alford

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Soooo, same here. Is it Alford then? There’s a lot of dislike for him...

20 minutes ago, bigrod said:

It's a scenario, albeit a bit far-fetched, that has run through my mind several times.  Hiring a guy out of left field as a placeholder would make me continue to wonder.

2 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

Soooo, same here. Is it Alford then? There’s a lot of dislike for him...

Alford’s hire would lose half the fanbase. If not half, say, 1/3rd. After the last few years of apathy, that cannot happen. There’s no way Dolson goes that route, and if he does, the last money they’ll see will be from an aging fanbase content with mediocrity just because there’s “an IU guy” they remember playing 40 years ago standing on the sidelines.