Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Link?

10 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

That would be extremely intriguing. And a probable nightmare for an old dude. 

I saw a couple tweets earlier but now I can’t find them. They may have been false and got deleted or something so I’m not sure. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Lol, Brad didn’t burn any bridges by not taking the IU job. He could wake up tomorrow and tell Scott Dolson that he wants the job and Scott would have the brinks truck outside Brad’s house immediately. The reaction to Brad turning down the job is what happens when people take anonymous sources as gospel. People were posting that random Ohio State account like he was Woj or Shams. 

Yeah but it doesn't seem like we've really reached out to anyone else and we fired Archie almost immediately and with a $10M buyout.  Has to have been some fire there.

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I saw a couple tweets earlier but now I can’t find them. They may have been false and got deleted or something so I’m not sure. 

A quick Twitter search brings up a couple results from last year. I could see Marquette snatching him up. 

4 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Yeah but it doesn't seem like we've really reached out to anyone else and we fired Archie almost immediately and with a $10M buyout.  Has to have been some fire there.

We really have no idea who Dolson has or hasn’t been reaching out to. That info is likely accessible by only a handful of people at most. It hasn’t even been a week since Archie was fired. And besides, the vast majority of our candidates are still coaching their current teams in the NCAA tournament. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Lol, Brad didn’t burn any bridges by not taking the IU job. He turned down a college job to stay with the freaking Boston Celtics. He didn’t drop a nuke on assembly hall. 
He could wake up tomorrow and tell Scott Dolson that he wants the job and Scott would have the brinks truck outside Brad’s house immediately.

The reaction to Brad turning down the job is what happens when people take anonymous sources as gospel. People were posting that random Ohio State account like he was Woj or Shams. 

No he didn't burn any bridges.   I do have a strong suspicion that he did use IU to get a raise and I don't blame him at all for playing that card.   However, if that is true, it's easy to understand hard feelings on the IU side.   Add the "I'm not a kid anymore..." comment and one can infer for themselves how they should feel. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We really have no idea who Dolson has or hasn’t been reaching out to. That info is likely accessible by only a handful of people at most. It hasn’t even been a week since Archie was fired. And besides, the vast majority of our candidates are still coaching their current teams in the NCAA tournament. 

I just don't get why we fired Archie so quickly with that buyout if we didn't have a bird in the hand.  Why not hang on to him a little longer to make sure you have a solid upgrade?

No he didn't burn any bridges.   I do have a strong suspicion that he did use IU to get a raise and I don't blame him at all for playing that card.   However, if that is true, it's easy to understand hard feelings on the IU side.   Add the "I'm not a kid anymore..." comment and one can infer for themselves how they should feel. 

If Brad got a raise why haven’t the NBA guys announced it? I don’t doubt SD asked Brad to take the Indiana job, I’m just not buying all the other stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I just don't get why we fired Archie so quickly with that buyout if we didn't have a bird in the hand.  Why not hang on to him a little longer to make sure you have a solid upgrade?

I think everything was to suppose to go down until the final day

3 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Guys are hesitant to interview for a job that is currently occupied. Can't blame them for that.

2 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

It's still the round of 64. Most of the good coaches are busy with that. I just don't get all the hand wringing at this point.

4 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

If Brad got a raise why haven’t the NBA guys announced it? I don’t doubt SD asked Brad to take the Indiana job, I’m just not buying all the other stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Does Boston have to announce it?  Does Stevens have to?   Also, why wouldn't Stevens use that?  I would.  

4 minutes ago, JJacks said:

Does Boston have to announce it?  Does Stevens have to?   Also, why wouldn't Stevens use that?  I would.  

Yes, the Celtics would have to announce a change to his contract. They wouldn't have to disclose the terms, though.

Edited by go iu bb

25 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Lol, Brad didn’t burn any bridges by not taking the IU job. He turned down a college job to stay with the freaking Boston Celtics. He didn’t drop a nuke on assembly hall. 
He could wake up tomorrow and tell Scott Dolson that he wants the job and Scott would have the brinks truck outside Brad’s house immediately.

The reaction to Brad turning down the job is what happens when people take anonymous sources as gospel. People were posting that random Ohio State account like he was Woj or Shams. 

In regular human world yes billionaire world not sure. Case in point— I’m waiting to see how the Deshaun Watson case turns out in Texas. The lead lawyer against Watson is a neighbor to the houstan Texans owner . U wouldn’t believe the level of pettiness I encounter on a daily basis. Again I don’t take chances, I finish the job and keep it straight . Of course I can retire now but again I don’t take chances. 

15 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Because it was clear that Archie wasn’t the right guy. Places fire people all the time without having the replacement lined up. Dolson got one person to give him $10 million to fire Archie. I don’t think that happens if Dolson has no plan. He told us at the press conference that that would be the last we hear from him until he’s announcing the next coach. We need to give him time. Honestly, it’s better that we aren’t hearing anything right now. A coach isn’t going to leave his school in the middle of the NCAA tournament. If we were hearing things now it would suggest our next coach isn’t still coaching a team this season. 

3 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Yes, the Celtics would have to announce a change to his contract. They wouldn't have to disclose the terms, though.

I wasn't aware of that.  Teams usually do, but I wasn't aware of a rule from the NBA that required that.  Public sector jobs sure, but private sector it's really no one business but the parties involved.  

28 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Because Archie sucked... mediocre at best in the B1G... why give him false hope and delay the inevitable. Dolson will get a quality coach... he's already shown the fanbase how serious he is about fixing IUMBB.