Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

7 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

So is it ok for me to be petty? Being a New Yorker I know the grief he’ll get if he doesn’t turn it around. I’m like gooooooooood

Since you are a New yorker, can you explain why people from the NE eat Dunkin Donuts?  A mystery to me.

Just now, CS2 said:

Since you are a New yorker, can you explain why people from the NE eat Dunkin Donuts?  A mystery to me.

Dunks is based in Boston (Braintree, Ma).

They even have their Dunkin U training facility there! Dunks is on every street corner in the Boston metro area.

3 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I guess if you want the example of how to politely turn interest from another school look how Alabama’s coach turned down interest in the IU job. Simple, direct, and didn’t brush people the wrong way. 

Why does it matter how someone turns down interest in a job? Brad was asked on a radio show early this week if he was going to leave Boston for IU and he said no. He never gave any public indication that he was considering the job. IU fans didn’t want to hear his denials but he never did anything but publicly deny interest.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

They even have their Dunkin U training facility there! Dunks is on every street corner in the Boston metro area.

Ok, so they know better than anyone how badly it sucks.  In SE FL the new Yorkers all est there...don't get it.

9 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

My best guess on how this all plays out.

We go after Stevens, Beard, Oats, Musselman, and Drew. They all say no thanks.

We hire John Belein.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No question in my mind. I guess the good thing is I’ll win my case of keeping Archie another year while the Celtics blow up / other candidates open up. 

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Dunkin’ at 3rd and the Bypass causes traffic jams and near crashes pretty much every day. **** Dunkin’. 

10 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

We hire John Belein.

Just bring Tom and Fred back.  

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

No question in my mind. I guess the good thing is I’ll win my case of keeping Archie another year while the Celtics blow up / other candidates open up. 

What other candidates do you think would come up, and why aren't we considering them now? Our list next year wouldn't look any different. 

6 minutes ago, CS2 said:

Ok, so they know better than anyone how badly it sucks.  In SE FL the new Yorkers all est there...don't get it.

2 minutes ago, CS2 said:

And what is there to train?  Thaw out the donuts and put them in a rack for three or four days.

Hahahaha. I completely agree.

The best coffee is homemade espresso with a solid grinder. Americano it if you like.

Anyway, Dunkin U is their corporate/managerial training.

But we digress....back to basketball!

31 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

We hire John Belein.

Sounds like Beilein is in the mix at Depaul. 

50 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Why does it matter how someone turns down interest in a job? Brad was asked on a radio show early this week if he was going to leave Boston for IU and he said no. He never gave any public indication that he was considering the job. IU fans didn’t want to hear his denials but he never did anything but publicly deny interest.

It depends. If you don’t care then do whatever you want. But smart business people know that you never know  who you might encounter down the line so it’s best not to burn bridges. For example if the Boston Celtics fire Brad Stevens and wants  a different NBA job, you might/might not burn a bridge  with Mark Cuban. You don’t take chances.  As far as the radio show, there’s a difference in setting. Shock jocks trying to push you around is a different setting as opposed to the official media session of the Boston Celtics.  Little details, yes, but it’s the little details that separate good business people from great business people.