Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

I’m pretty sure this is a joke. Tell me ESPN didn’t take this seriously. Some kid is just having fun

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I listened to this video again. Any current coach would say these things about his current team.   We shall see.

I will add that I, like many others, do appreciate the info that is shared here by those few that do. 

1 minute ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Whoever the next coach is, I hope they appreciate Indiana and do well. I know Archie tried, but I think it was too early for him.

Somewhat similar to Mike Davis suddenly put on the big stage.

1 hour ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Lol its obviously a joke. Who cares?

Brad was everyone’s dream choice I don’t have a top choice now. Beard maybe I just hope the powers to be get it right this time. I know there giving it there best shot got my fingers crossed it works out . Seems like all the contenders have things we don’t like. To old no head coaching experience slow offense . No matter who is chose there will people complaining. I will be on board no matter what . 

Edited by Crazy about IU

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Did he lead us on or did IU fans read into what he said what they wanted to hear? IMO, it is the latter. It is similar to when a politician says something. The side that opposes him reads into what he says very different than those who support him.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

He knows how passionate the state of Indiana is with basketball. There are many better ways to shut down IU’s interest. Cough Cough example. 

“ Guys I love basketball in the State of Indiana  but I’m not interested in the job because I have unfinished business here with the Celtics” ——— if he would have said this from the get go, everyone would have said , yeah let’s move on.  I don’t hate the guy but if he didn’t want the job they’re are way more effective ways to communicate.  I tell my employees all the time make sure you win the right way because we don’t want to create enemies if we don’t have to. 

1 minute ago, Banksyrules said:

He knows how passionate the state of Indiana is with basketball. There are many better ways to shut down IU’s interest. Cough Cough example. 

“ Guys I love basketball in the State of Indiana  but I’m not interested in the job because I have unfinished business here with the Celtics” ——— if he would have said this from the get go, everyone would have said , yeah let’s move on.  I don’t hate the guy but if he didn’t want the job they’re are way more effective ways to communicate.  I tell my employees all the time make sure you win the right way because we don’t want to create enemies if we don’t have to. 

With the rumors floating around -- there's no way this would've dissuaded the masses from thinking he was coming. He more or less said that early last week, and we didn't believe him. Basically, it took was what happened yesterday - that weird presser and reports of him telling the team and Celtics brass he definitely was staying. 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

With the rumors floating around -- there's no way this would've dissuaded the masses from thinking he was coming. He more or less said that early last week, and we didn't believe him. Basically, it took was what happened yesterday - that weird presser and reports of him telling the team and Celtics brass he definitely was staying. 

Then those fans are idiots because then they let their emotions to an unexpected dream.  The first presser he left the door open.  The second presser who closed that door but kind of a salty way.  That said until we sign someone else, I think this saga is not necessarily over.  

1 hour ago, mdiu28 said:

I agree it makes us look pathetic but did they really need to write a story about this? 

Isn't there a basketball tournament going on? 

That's right out of  Goodman's playbook... never stop piling on Indiana... 

Then those fans are idiots because then they let their emotions to an unexpected dream.  The first presser he left the door open.  The second presser who closed that door but kind of a salty way.  That said until we sign someone else, I think this saga is not necessarily over.  
I didn't take his words at the first as leaving the door open. I still think, people heard what they wanted to hear. Just my opinion.

5 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I didn't take his words at the first as leaving the door open. I still think, people heard what they wanted to hear. Just my opinion.

I don’t know what to tell ya. As a lawyer/business man in NC I was trained that there are specific definitive words you use to quash an argument. His wife knows this as well, and he didn’t use them until the second press conference (in a salty fashion).  

12 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

As far as denials go both of this were pretty bad when compared to those that other coaches have done when you actually watch the videos and the way that he talked. 

1 minute ago, Banksyrules said:

I don’t know what to tell ya. As a lawyer/business man in NC I was trained that there are specific definitive words you use to quash an argument. His wife knows this as well, and he didn’t use them until the second press conference (in a salty fashion).  

The second press conference used those words but his body language and the way he said them would’ve had him failing just about any polygraph test. Not to mention he couldn’t even talk without stuttering and looking at his script off to his right. That said I don’t think he’s staying in Boston it’s just the presser was pretty bad overall.