Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

He blew the bridge to smithereens.  I am done with him.  I am now leaning toward a true IU guy, regardless of his perceived ability or past performance.  Keep in the family.  F them. 

Just my opinion. This all seems to be leading to Alford being hired.  Beard/ Wight & Bennet are probably more unrealistic than BS.  Musselman would be an interesting choice; however, with a few successful seasons in the limelight, I could see him wanting to go back to the nba.

25 minutes ago, IUCane said:

Why??  Would you not have given Coach K a lifetime contract??  Would you not give Coach Saban a lifetime contract?    Agreed you can't just give those to anyone, but for certain coaches why not especially if are "locking" them into a salary where you know inflation over time is going to make the annual number seem very reasonable ??

Duke has another year like this one, no freaking way.  Coaches get old and may serve beyond their time.  Gotta get rid of them sometime.  

1 minute ago, bird4par said:

Just my opinion. This all seems to be leading to Alford being hired.  Beard/ Wight & Bennet are probably more unrealistic than BS.  Musselman would be an interesting choice; however, with a few successful seasons in the limelight, I could see him wanting to go back to the nba.

I think he wants to stay at Nevada 

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Things have indeed gotten eerily quiet.

Things have gotten quiet because it's the Saturday of the first round of the tournament. There are multiple coaching candidates that are still in the tournament. We aren't getting a new coach for at least a week, probably more like 3-4 weeks.

3 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

Why? Everything that has been "heard" has been bullSh1t. It's obvious Dolson runs a tight lipped ship. It would be very unprofessional to leak talks with a current tournament coach.

As for Stevens, not going to hate on the guy, but  his pressers leading on IU fans and then his unnecessary comments yesterday are a bit disappointing.

There’s always rumors on Twitter about every coaching search as well as message boards. The only real Brad Stevens rumors came from message boards and there’s been nothing but speculation on Twitter. It’s been more quiet than even your run of the mill mid major job for crying out loud outside of the Brad rumors which once again hasn’t been substantiated. Not discrediting the insiders because I know they get good intel.

2 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

Long time lurker, first time poster.  Just want to say how much I have enjoyed this board over the last few days.  I also appreciate the insiders here who have given info.  Don’t let anyone’s frustration get to you. Know many appreciate your contributions. I look forward to seeing how this saga ends!  

Welcome Tad and thank you for expressing your appreciation to a couple of our posters who've been unfairly criticized by a small minority.  Hope to see you as a frequent poster.

9 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Things have gotten quiet because it's the Saturday of the first round of the tournament. There are multiple coaching candidates that are still in the tournament. We aren't getting a new coach for at least a week, probably more like 3-4 weeks.

Back channeling and negotiations amongst agents/schools just doesn't stop because the tourney is going on. I don't think anybody expects a major announcement from the national media, but I'm sure people are still talking behind the scene.

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

So over on the Butler board the rumor is Brad and Dolson couldn’t come to terms on the size of the buyout in case another big program came calling. Brad wants more money in his salary so now Dolson is calling and tying to raise more money. That supposedly came from a donor that the guy on the Butler board knows or something. Could be something or could be nothing. Could also be why IU still hasn’t been connected to anyone else. 

The guy who posted what you’re referring to here was straight up messing around. He even wrote that in a subsequent post. 

Relatedly: Brad was never seriously considering the job, no matter what any posters here were told.  I believe they believed it. I’m not calling them liars. But it just wasn’t happening. 

Edited by Nonymouse

1 minute ago, Nonymouse said:

The guy who posted that was straight up messing around. He even wrote that in a subsequent post. 

Brad was never seriously considering the job, no matter what any posters here were told.  I believe they believed it. I’m not calling them liars. But it just wasn’t happening. 

What Butler forum was the rumor on?

11 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

The guy who posted what you’re referring to here was straight up messing around. He even wrote that in a subsequent post. 

Relatedly: Brad was never seriously considering the job, no matter what any posters here were told.  I believe they believed it. I’m not calling them liars. But it just wasn’t happening. 

Yeah, ok.....