Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

The guy said Dolson wants an absurd 50 million dollar buyout if Stevens ever left. Just as a big precaution. Stevens wants more years and a larger annual salary to keep that buyout in place. He said Dolson was now trying to come up with the extra money to up the offer. Thought that was interesting coming from a Butler fan. Could be something or just another rumor.

This is exactly what I would have expected if you truly feel like you're close to a white whale. Taking one pass and giving up just doesn't sit right with me.

Who knows. Likelihood is still high this goes nowhere but if Dolson had one donor that got him north of $7M a year, I could absolutely see him raising funds from multiple other donors to add significantly to that amount.

Edit: I also don't really read into anything that was said in that press conference yesterday. Insulting? Sure. Genuine? Really don't think so. Seemed like a lot of pandering to keep people off his back.

Edited by FightFor6

At this point I don't want to feel too strongly one way or the other. If they can negotiate something great. If not I would be fine with Beard and I believe he would take it. Hell I would take Beilein with Fife on his staff. I just want a good coach and someone who truly wants to be here.

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I won’t believe anything until an announcement is mad no matter who the new coach is. I just like sharing whatever I come across.

Agreed. Appreciate the info!

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

The guy said Dolson wants an absurd 50 million dollar buyout if Stevens ever left. Just as a big precaution. Stevens wants more years and a larger annual salary to keep that buyout in place. He said Dolson was now trying to come up with the extra money to up the offer. Thought that was interesting coming from a Butler fan. Could be something or just another rumor.

Interesting and yea for it to be on another forum, and not with IU interests in mind...until we hire someone else I guess it’s always possible. Thanks for the update/info

So over on the Butler board the rumor is Brad and Dolson couldn’t come to terms on the size of the buyout in case another big program came calling. Brad wants more money in his salary so now Dolson is calling and tying to raise more money. That supposedly came from a donor that the guy on the Butler board knows or something. Could be something or could be nothing. Could also be why IU still hasn’t been connected to anyone else. 

IMG_1616257997.642558.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I'm not buying.  50 mil buyout?  Dolson should know that wouldn't fly; if that's the case I wouldn't blame Stevens at all for wanting more money/years.  I wouldn't take that either.

Bigger buyout than, say, Oats? No problem.  50 mil?  LOL

10 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I could see Stevens wanting a absurd buyout, wonder if he mixed stuff in his “info”

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

We wouldn't hear anything this weekend, but I had a thought.  If the possibility of Stevens was keeping our guys on board, how long before we hear of defections?

I was thinking about that too.. it’s a stretch, but he could be buying a few weeks too

My take on the interview was Brad tried to be nice the first time and us fans didn’t want to believe him . Rumors got so out of control that he had to call a team meeting and tell us all in a second interview that he is still not interested. He wants us to know that he is not some God. He makes plenty of mistakes every day, he even roots for the Patriots. He is a grown @$$ man not an innocent child who will be told what he wants.

Billy wasn’t coming and Neither was Brad.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Both.  Committed because they won't accept what we would, nuts because of things like that buyout and Cal's contract.

Not sure Cal's contract is "nuts"??   maybe just maybe good business