Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

3 hours ago, IndyFife said:

I respectfully disagree.  I think his comments prove he is not who we thought he was.  He’s just another “say anything” type of guy.  I’m of the opinion that we certainly did dodge a bullet. I wasn’t convinced he was going to come in an win big but did think he would come in and get kids to play hard and compete.  The concept of Brad Stevens is what this program needed.  The condescending guy at the presser is simply not who we thought he was.  And of the back room rumors are accurate, he is definitely not who we thought he was.  Just sayin’.  Good news is he just made it easy for me to move on mentally.

Maybe that was the point.  Seriously, to get all Hoosiers fans off his back for good.  Genius actually. 

Just now, Kentuckysucks said:

But why would he want to finish the season with that transfer market to hit?  The Celtics are a mess and aren't doing squat.  And why would Ainge even want him to keep coaching with a foot out the door?  Makes zero sense.  

I agree completely. People are trying to think outside the box with what he was saying, and I get it, but yes if I were him I’d wanna be getting the IU train rolling as soon as I could if I knew I was coming here. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

If you told your coworkers it was definitely Brad based on what you heard on the interweb, and they believed you, then you have low IQ coworkers.  Things change.  And in business things change all the time. Nobody looses credibility when things change.  

Lol.  I have coworkers who believe in credibility and accountability.  They are certainly not low iq

Maybe that was the point.  Seriously, to get all Hoosiers fans off his back for good.  Genius actually. 
He could have said he loved purdue and would love to coach at Kentucky. That would get the job done

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Josh said:

Lol.  I have coworkers who believe in credibility and accountability.  They are certainly not low iq

So you told them you were 100% sure?

9 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

How is this insulting us? Short of accepting the job there was nothing he could’ve said that would’ve made us happy. 

Yeah, I agree.  He was there to talk about the Celtics and as you say, it was a bitter pill and nothing he could say was changing that.

19 minutes ago, bigrod said:

The older I get, the less I care about what others think and say. You really can’t control it anyway. It’s very freeing.

But you really can.  Credibility and accountability are honorable attributes.  It's a shame that people don't care about it anymore.

28 minutes ago, bigrod said:

The older I get, the less I care about what others think and say. You really can’t control it anyway. It’s very freeing.

So much easier 

9 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

One thing we haven’t even addressed which is really important....Dunkin Donuts is trash. Maybe if you’re from there and don’t know any better you like it. But no one lives the majority of their life somewhere else where there are respectable donut options and likes Dunkin’ Donuts. It was scripted.

Having spent as much time as I have in Palm Beach and Dade Counties I can tell you those idiots actually eat that crap and think they are quality donuts.  They arrive frozen from some warehouse and are disgusting.

14 minutes ago, Josh said:

But you really can.  Credibility and accountability are honorable attributes.  It's a shame that people don't care about it anymore.

Actually, you really can’t. People can say and think whatever they want and you can’t change it. Perception is a funny thing. Live your life to the best of your ability and let the chips fall where they may. I can speak to a roomful of people and it’s amazing how many ways the things I’ve said get taken. People are greatly influenced by their own experiences and those don’t change easily.

Sorry... I’m jumping off my soapbox now.

13 minutes ago, Josh said:

I think the biggest place you lost credibility is this board. Give it up. You’re coworkers don’t care.