Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just now, cleeter said:

He said we would not hear from him until he was naming a coach. So who knows how long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on whomever our guy is and when he actually becomes available.  Could be in the next 5 to 10 days or it could be 5 to 10 days after the tournament ends.  

The longer it takes, the more likely it is that our candidate is someone making a tournament run.

So the longer I sit and think about this, I keep getting a feeling that maybe Brad and his wife are maybe a little naive. I mean he exploded at butler with the back to back years, gets a job at Boston, has a few good seasons at Boston, has the gm express nothing but love. Maybe they think they are untouchable? They have never experienced what happens to nba coaches after poor results. He could very well be canned in a couple months and maybe they don’t see that as a possibility and part of the reason for turning us down and that awkward speech! Idk just a thought, you would think with the potential money we offered and job security for at least the next 5+ years, it would be a no brainer business decision.

4 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Hey 0708, I’m going to PM you, heard something recently, but I will not post it in the thread

Come on, please share. What more damage could you do at this point? I think a lot of us have cooled down. 

This reminds me of a job offer I had, and accepted for more money. Then after turning in my 2 week notice, I was suddenly worth more money on an attempt to get me to stay. I agreed to stay, then after sleeping on it I decided screw him. If I wasn't worth the extra pay yesterday, then I see how you are. So I left. 

2 minutes ago, Steeler said:

This reminds me of a job offer I had, and accepted for more money. Then after turning in my 2 week notice, I was suddenly worth more money on an attempt to get me to stay. I agreed to stay, then after sleeping on it I decided screw him. If I wasn't worth the extra pay yesterday, then I see how you are. So I left. 

You made a difficult decision. I stayed. 

Just now, cleeter said:

If it comes out that the raise Brad got is true, then who’s to say those sources weren’t right? Until (or if) the full story comes out, I myself, believe the sources of [mention]IUwins0708 [/mention] and [mention]Chris007 [/mention] were correct, just Boston throwing the raise there flipped everything. But we can agree to disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not saying either way- just a question.

14 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

This still isn’t making any freaking sense at all.  I need to give up trying to figure stuff out but there were too many people saying it was done.  Totally confused, maybe it’s because I’m drunk again 

So was Brad's denial today not part of the further denials plan? Too many pages. Hard to keep up. Thanks for the insights.  

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I grew up in Indiana, went to IU, and then moved to New York. Will probably move back to Indiana/the Midwest in the next 5-10 years because my family lives there. I’ve never been to Boston before but it seems like a nice city. Brad is a smart guy. In any statement that he gave he was going to try to thread the needle between not pissing off Indiana fans but also not pissing off Boston fans. You have to look at it from his side too. He has a coaching job, and his team is struggling, so he probably is tired of all the Indiana questions. 

He brought the Indiana questions on himself by playing footsie with Dolson for 3 months.  He could have stopped any talk from the first phone call.

In the rest, I have tried to type out my feeling on it several times and I cannot find the words to do justice to it.  The best I can say is that the chip on my shoulder when it comes to the area of the country that you and he live in is gigantic and touches on so much more than basketball.  And I feel like he plucked a nerve he didn't have to pluck.  That is the nicest way I can put it.

6 minutes ago, Steeler said:

So you're Brad Stevens and you just described what you're doing tomorrow after you catch a little shut eye tonight?...yes, yes?