Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

We will hear the same **** we have been hearing from assholes like Jeff Goodman...we should be looking at Keith Smart or Dick Van Arsdale or Todd Leary or some other insufferably stupid nonsense that they'd never say about any other school.
(I think I am entering the anger phase...lol)

Not what I am taking about. That’s their opinions.

What we have not had is any reports about who IU Is linked to or interested in interviewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Say that was a possibility, he went so far over the top in downplaying it that people who were thinking he was a great dude just a few hours ago now think he is an *******.

"I really appreciate the sentiment from the fans in Indiana.  That is a great program I grew up watching as a child and I wish them nothing but success.  That being said, I am and plan to remain the Coach of the Celtics because I like this job, the people I work for, and I have unfinished business here.  Good luck to the next coach of Indiana University....now can we get back to talking about the team I am actually coaching?"

There were better ways to go about it outside of basically insulting us (from my POV.)

How is this insulting us? Short of accepting the job there was nothing he could’ve said that would’ve made us happy. 

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Nah, **** him.  He used us to get a raise.  He can shove all that other stuff up his @$$.

Agree and waiting to hear the Celtics announce the raise/extension.  This was either some unforeseen mishap or miscommunication or IU was used as leverage. 

Quick name a current NBA coach and the team they coach.  Unless you are a die hard NBA’er, I bet you got two: Pop and Brad. Maybe Bjorkman.  Bet we can all name 20+ college coaches and their teams.  That’s the problem.  I thought Brad was above the “collecting a paycheck” mentality of the NBA.  Clearly he wasn’t.  I’m not judging him, just clearly misjudged him.  Thought he was a love of the game type of guy.  

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

How is this insulting us? Short of accepting the job there was nothing he could’ve said that would’ve made us happy. 

Honest question, you were kind of talking up Boston earlier, are you someone who grew up in Indiana and moved elsewhere, someone who is born and raised and still living in the state, or someone from out of state who attended IU and then moved on.

There is nothing wrong with any of those categories, but I think which one you fall in is going to potentially drive how you view his statement.  

Honestly, not trying to throw shade at you, just think there is the potential that you and I have a different background that makes us look at what he said differently.

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Honest question, you were kind of talking up Boston earlier, are you someone who grew up in Indiana and moved elsewhere, someone who is born and raised and still living in the state, or someone from out of state who attended IU and then moved on.

There is nothing wrong with any of those categories, but I think which one you fall in is going to potentially drive how you view his statement.  

Honestly, not trying to throw shade at you, just think there is the potential that you and I have a different background that makes us look at what he said differently.

I grew up in Indiana, went to IU, and then moved to New York. Will probably move back to Indiana/the Midwest in the next 5-10 years because my family lives there. I’ve never been to Boston before but it seems like a nice city. Brad is a smart guy. In any statement that he gave he was going to try to thread the needle between not pissing off Indiana fans but also not pissing off Boston fans. You have to look at it from his side too. He has a coaching job, and his team is struggling, so he probably is tired of all the Indiana questions. 

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

This still isn’t making any freaking sense at all.  I need to give up trying to figure stuff out but there were too many people saying it was done.  Totally confused, maybe it’s because I’m drunk again 

Hey 0708, I’m going to PM you, heard something recently, but I will not post it in the thread

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

This still isn’t making any freaking sense at all.  I need to give up trying to figure stuff out but there were too many people saying it was done.  Totally confused, maybe it’s because I’m drunk again 

Everyone is devastated.  We thought IU basketball was about to be saved. 

Scott Dolson must've clogged the Steven's toilet. An IU tradition! 

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

You ain't drunk, you just drinking!

Just now, cleeter said:

He said we would not hear from him until he was naming a coach. So who knows how long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on whomever our guy is and when he actually becomes available.  Could be in the next 5 to 10 days or it could be 5 to 10 days after the tournament ends.  

The longer it takes, the more likely it is that our candidate is someone making a tournament run.