Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

One thing we haven’t even addressed which is really important....Dunkin Donuts is trash. Maybe if you’re from there and don’t know any better you like it. But no one lives the majority of their life somewhere else where there are respectable donut options and likes Dunkin’ Donuts. It was scripted.

That is  true!

4 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Maybe he had to deny the job, I could see the ownership pressuring him to stay, too bad we can’t see his contract because that would solve a lot of questions

I had the same thought. 

2 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

One thing we haven’t even addressed which is really important....Dunkin Donuts is trash. Maybe if you’re from there and don’t know any better you like it. But no one lives the majority of their life somewhere else where there are respectable donut options and likes Dunkin’ Donuts. It was scripted.

If he wanted to appear like a true Bostonian he would’ve said J.P. Licks or Mike’s Pastry.

4 minutes ago, akumanina said:

You could be right. It might've been his plea to all Massholes out there to get their support. But I think our love for Stevens kind of got out of control because we kept trying to read between the lines. We already had 'THE BRAD STEVENS' in our minds the way we would want him to be, but in fact, he was just an individual trying his best looking out for himself, which is right and fair. We just thought he would be some sort of a selfless person, and we shouldn't have. Or maybe I was just my problem. 

Selfless?  He was reportedly being offered $7 million or more a year for 7 years, there was reportedly another list of things they wanted negotiated and worked out for them on top of that too.  I wasn't thinking anything selfless, Indiana was ready to offer him a **** ton of money to come coach here along with whatever else his demands were.  

1 minute ago, beaver56 said:

I had the same thought. 

We may never know to be honest, this whole thing has been a mess. So many questions too, maybe we this close this time around, but with the NBA, who knows how they deal stuff.

I am very curious if we hear any names linked to the IU Job In the next few days.  If it gets to be another week or more without any names  it would leave me wondering (Stevens)

I mean here is the thing. It seems like other jobs are being filled a week or less after the former coach was fired. 

the fact that we have 

a: not filled it 

B heard no names from anyone about who  IU was interested in is Curious. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Worst coffee in the world.  Never understood it.  And the donuts?!  Rise n Roll or Longs.  Any day every day.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I’d love to believe there’s some big Oceans 11-esque plan to bring the heat back down while they work on an exit plan in the background... but don’t think I can do it. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Say that was a possibility, he went so far over the top in downplaying it that people who were thinking he was a great dude just a few hours ago now think he is an *******.

"I really appreciate the sentiment from the fans in Indiana.  That is a great program I grew up watching as a child and I wish them nothing but success.  That being said, I am and plan to remain the Coach of the Celtics because I like this job, the people I work for, and I have unfinished business here.  Good luck to the next coach of Indiana University....now can we get back to talking about the team I am actually coaching?"

There were better ways to go about it outside of basically insulting us (from my POV.)

14 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I imagine you don’t manage anyone. People get fired all the time with the replacement tbd. That’s actually the norm

If you’re going to make assumptions about me and be condescending at least be mildly correct. If you’re familiar with any Fortune 500 CEO change, they almost always have the new CEO in line before moving on from the current. Only in extreme cases of sudden negligence/health issues would this not be the case. Do you think if Ford were to move on from Jim Farley they would fire him and start searching? Not a chance

Edit: This isn’t hiring admins at your local insurance agency. This is big league, big money athletics. 

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Say that was a possibility, he went so far over the top in downplaying it that people who were thinking he was a great dude just a few hours ago now think he is an *******.

"I really appreciate the sentiment from the fans in Indiana.  That is a great program I grew up watching as a child and I wish them nothing but success.  That being said, I am and plan to remain the Coach of the Celtics because I like this job, the people I work for, and I have unfinished business here.  Good luck to the next coach of Indiana University....now can we get back to talking about the team I am actually coaching?"

There were better ways to go about it outside of basically insulting us (from my POV.)

I don't think he was insulting us. He seemed sincere (even if the Boston stuff was over the top). I would love to hate him, but if anything I felt for him even more.

3 minutes ago, iubb said:

I am very curious if we hear any names linked to the IU Job In the next few days.  If it gets to be another week or more without any names  it would leave me wondering (Stevens)

I mean here is the thing. It seems like other jobs are being filled a week or less after the former coach was fired. 

the fact that we have 

a: not filled it 

B heard no names from anyone about who  IU was interested in is Curious. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will hear the same **** we have been hearing from assholes like Jeff Goodman...we should be looking at Keith Smart or Dick Van Arsdale or Todd Leary or some other insufferably stupid nonsense that they'd never say about any other school.

(I think I am entering the anger phase...lol)

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yeah, I don't get the way he did it.  I know we are all overanalyzing a few minutes of one mans discourse but the whole thing just was off.  Maybe someone at IU rubbed Stevens the wrong way.  

Just now, Evariste Galois said:

I don't think he was insulting us. He seemed sincere (even if the Boston stuff was over the top). I would love to hate him, but if anything I felt for him even more.

Nah, **** him.  He used us to get a raise.  He can shove all that other stuff up his @$$.

13 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

As someone who grew up in Indiana but just lived in Mass for the last 4 years he is not a Masshole. You are born that way and he can breath without his mouth open and that’s one of the qualifications.

Wife’s from out that way...adjacent state.  No lie detected.  They have no self awareness either so that statement was even more bizarre.  I read it and thought: no way BS uttered those words. Actually thought it was a parody at first.

I also get the impression that he’s kind of a dork and sometimes people who can be slightly awkward will take things too far in an attempt to sound cool. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app