Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

I may have missed it but can someone explain to me him saying "I'm not a kid anymore" when saying he wasn't considering the job?  what's that all about?

I think as a kid he dreamed of coaching IU someday 

I may have missed it but can someone explain to me him saying "I'm not a kid anymore" when saying he wasn't considering the job?  what's that all about?

He was essentially saying as a kid IU was his dream...he loved it as a kid but he’s not a kid anymore...he’s moved on.  Flattered but moved on.  

He said it during the press conference before today’s game. Basically said “I lived IU as a kid but I’m not a kid anymore.” Something to that effect.

Guys, you can’t be mad at Brad for not coming. It was a Hail Mary in the first place. Most of the smoke was fan made. He’s the Boston coach so of course he’s going to talk up the city. He’s not going to hate on Boston when he’s the Boston coach. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Guys, you can’t be mad at Brad for not coming. It was a Hail Mary in the first place. Most of the smoke was fan made. He’s the Boston coach so of course he’s going to talk up the city. He’s not going to hate on Boston when he’s the Boston coach. 

Well they sure seem to hate him lol

11 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I honestly don’t know. I just haven’t seen any thing about a raise from anyone except IU people. I still have many questions about what is going on with this whole situation. 

The raise talk is simply people’s way of justifying IU getting rejected. There’s zero proof to it and no one here or with ties to IU would have that info in the first place. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter. IU is not a job Brad Stevens wants. It may not be a job any top teir coach wants. I said this about the Crean firing and echoed it again when the Archie firing was eminent...you don’t fire the guy you have until you have the guy you want. Egos have run amuck within the IU top brass...I fear this will be a very humbling process. 

Just now, 94Hoosier said:

He was essentially saying as a kid IU was his dream...he loved it as a kid but he’s not a kid anymore...he’s moved on.  Flattered but moved on.  

I think he and his sorority DPU wife couldn’t get out of Indiana fast enough away from the rubes. He’ll be an NBA lifer. Easier gig.  Not as much pressure or expectations.  Always a multi million dollar gig around the corner.  Then front office.  

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The gm and owner both love him and dong really care what the fans think. It’s not like they’re allowed to pack the arena right now. 

They’re pretty lucky they can’t or it be brutal. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The gm and owner both love him and dong really care what the fans think. It’s not like they’re allowed to pack the arena right now. 

Winning cures all. If they’re smart they rest their top guys and play for a better draft position. They aren’t far from being a Finals caliber team. If the team lets Brad coach, they will be successful and the fans will be back on his side 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Sucks they can't. Brad would be getting crushed while Ainge wouldn't be able to show his face.

3 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

I am not sure this ship has completely sailed. Just a feeling. 

Sure I'll play, I'm drunk.  When the team currently paying your $4-5 million/yr and the team offering you $7+ million/yr both come to you and say "the guys on Btown Banners have screwed the pooch and let the cat out of the bag, go out there and lie your a$$ off so we have time to come up with the appropriate PR response to this exit", that's what you do.

No, really, I get it, said earlier I'm holding out hope, that something along these lines is the case, but I'm also looking at plan B, C and D