Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

Me too. Everyone always talked about Brad being a great guy but I can think of many ways he could’ve squashed rumors other than what he said today.

Maybe like the immortal words of Billy Shakespeare.."me thinks me doth protest too much"..   nah..

Just now, Banksyrules said:

I just don’t get why he said no.  The Celtics fans are pissed and unless you draft a phenomenal player, he’s practically a sitting duck. Am I wrong here or am I being a homer?

Not wrong.  That roster is lame.  Nowhere near competing for the east.

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

Anybody that calls themself a masshole and roots for the patriots can get f-ed.   

That crap is so absurd there’s like 1% of me that wants to believe he’s calling ainges bluff or something. Wishful thinking...

You either read my mind or my earlier post. Pretty funny coming from a guy who won’t win sh— in the next several years and is gonna get fired.

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

This is so petty of me,  but after the salt that was thrown in that press conference I am hoping he crashes and burns in Boston and then finds himself coaching for some NBA backwater in a few years thinking, "Maybe I should have taken that Indiana job."

Super petty, but that is where I am.

Lol I’m with you man. The Pats comment pissed me off and the Colts aren’t even my favorite team. It’s just disrespectful AF to say that knowing Indiana people are gonna watch that presser. And him talking about the love he has for the state but he’s not a kid anymore and considers himself a “masshole.” I’ve lived in Florida almost as long as he’s been in Boston and will never consider myself anything but a Hoosier. Makes me feel like he was never a Hoosier to begin with.

Just now, Banksyrules said:

I just don’t get why he said no.  The Celtics fans are pissed and unless you draft a phenomenal player, he’s practically a sitting duck. Am I wrong here or am I being a homer?

Not wrong, I posted something similar a while ago! He has to see the writing on the wall. Remember it’s a “business” and the higher ups despite their praises can turn on you in an instant. If the Celtics continue to lose like they are he could very well be fired in a couple weeks. It’s a business, management can’t ignore the fan base forever, just like us with CAM apathy set in and a lot of people quit watching. In a non-COVID environment that men’s no butts in seats!

1 minute ago, BayernFan said:

Maybe he’s afraid he’ll be exposed as mediocre at a P5 program. 

Been a looong time Bayern.  I think he is a better coach than what you give him credit for but also think he is afraid of the challenge.  Which, honestly, is not what the program needs.

2 minutes ago, IndyFife said:

You either read my mind or my earlier post. Pretty funny coming from a guy who won’t win sh— in the next several years and is gonna get fired.

Something weird behind the scenes. 

Maybe he’s afraid he’ll be exposed as mediocre at a P5 program. 

I’ve honestly considered this. If he looks bad with the Celtics now, and he came to IU and still had problems, he would have burned bridges in the NBA and be in a similar situation to Archie currently. Might feel like a bigger risk even if Celtics offered the same $$.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Treesh said:

You’re right. 

The fans want him and Danny gone. I figured he’d be smart enough to realize nothing is going to change. But hey, maybe he’s still coming home.

Yep, the fans want him gone. Unless he sees a massive turnaround coming, I’m not sure what he is thinking. It’s going to become ridiculously toxic if it hasn’t already

3 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Lol I’m with you man. The Pats comment pissed me off and the Colts aren’t even my favorite team. It’s just disrespectful AF to say that knowing Indiana people are gonna watch that presser. And him talking about the love he has for the state but he’s not a kid anymore and considers himself a “masshole.” I’ve lived in Florida almost as long as he’s been in Boston and will never consider myself anything but a Hoosier. Makes me feel like he was never a Hoosier to begin with.

I totally agree! I lived in Indiana until I was 18, I’ve been in Alabama for 25 years, but I’ll ALWAYS be a Hoosier.