Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

22 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

Yeah, disagreed. Treading water for a year until you have an A+ hire lined up could have ended up being a better option. The floor is very low now for the next couple years depending on who the hire is and what sort of turnover we see on the roster.

Edit: Not saying this is what is going to happen. Just saying the immediate downside is much greater if you're now working down a list of guys that aren't your first choice.

Might never have  the A+ hire so you could be waiting for years.  Until two days ago our fans never even thought Stevens was a possibility  S every candidate we thought about is still there to talk to.

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I really don’t think he will come back to college, but after today, what the hell do I know....

I already said in an earlier post that, if all is true, he has shown his true colors.  Duke is absolutely no different than IU but for a few Cherokee Parks calls and TV Teddy moments that allow themselves to pretend.  Our championships were homegrown.  Theirs were home cooked. He wants that?!  Good for him...best of luck.

8 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I really don’t think he will come back to college, but after today, what the hell do I know....

This is all a trick, he gets fired, and gets the IU job since the Administration is holding out for him! That’s the plan....is it a stretch??? Bring Brad home!

I really hoped we got and I 100% believe your sources, but I think everything was in placed and Celtics made their rumored raise for him today....I think that’s why everyone is shocked, since it happened so quickly and blindsided everyone.

20 minutes ago, Treesh said:

As an NBA guy.. The Celtics roster was beyond terrible at the start of the season.

It looks like the boys are lost right now. You know what happens next right? A player asks for a trade in the off-season. Tatum or Brown is going to leave and the Celtics are going to be screwed. 

It's a players league. 

So true.

Maybe Stevens is on solid ground but Ainge really screwed up that roster.

22 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

He will have fun at Duke or North Carolina in a couple of years in my opinion 

Duke will stay within the family and UNC has as well

4 minutes ago, IndyFife said:

You didn’t ask me but I’m a bourbon guy so gonna answer: poured a stagg jr (fall ‘20 release), an ORVW10, and a Weller Full Proof!

Knew it was going to be a long session so Dickel # 12.

It worked. Stop with the BS  BS and bring on Chris Beard!

20 minutes ago, Treesh said:

As an NBA guy.. The Celtics roster was beyond terrible at the start of the season.

It looks like the boys are lost right now. You know what happens next right? A player asks for a trade in the off-season. Tatum or Brown is going to leave and the Celtics are going to be screwed. 

It's a players league. 

Always will be a players league. I’m shocked Stevens isn’t seeing this. He is the longest tenured coach in Boston Celtics history without winning a championship and he is not going to have a top 3 team in the east for at minimum another 4 years. Tatum and Brown are not superstars. Superstars dominate winning in the league. So frustrating bc coming to IU is such a no brainer for both sides. Obviously his family doesn’t feel the same. 

Just now, BleedCubbieBlue said:

What do you think happened?

I honestly don’t know. I just haven’t seen any thing about a raise from anyone except IU people. I still have many questions about what is going on with this whole situation. 

14 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Good fu--ing grief. 

It has nothing with cussing. I don't give a rat's fu--ing a-s if a coach cusses. When you're a college coach -- or any coach, for that matter -- going through a handshake line calling an opposing player an assh-ole is absolutely fu--ing moronic. 

I was playing in a church league game and got an elbow against the head and called some one an a-hole

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

This is so petty of me,  but after the salt that was thrown in that press conference I am hoping he crashes and burns in Boston and then finds himself coaching for some NBA backwater in a few years thinking, "Maybe I should have taken that Indiana job."

Super petty, but that is where I am.

Me too. Everyone always talked about Brad being a great guy but I can think of many ways he could’ve squashed rumors other than what he said today.

Anybody that calls themself a masshole and roots for the patriots can get f-ed.   

That crap is so absurd there’s like 1% of me that wants to believe he’s calling ainges bluff or something. Wishful thinking...

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

This is so petty of me,  but after the salt that was thrown in that press conference I am hoping he crashes and burns in Boston and then finds himself coaching for some NBA backwater in a few years thinking, "Maybe I should have taken that Indiana job."

Super petty, but that is where I am.

Same.... the closure I needed honestly. I’ll never speak of Brad to Indiana ever again. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Always will be a players league. I’m shocked Stevens isn’t seeing this. He is the longest tenured coach in Boston Celtics history without winning a championship and he is not going to have a top 3 team in the east for at minimum another 4 years. Tatum and Brown are not superstars. Superstars dominate winning in the league. So frustrating bc coming to IU is such a no brainer for both sides. Obviously his family doesn’t feel the same. 

You’re right. 

The fans want him and Danny gone. I figured he’d be smart enough to realize nothing is going to change. But hey, maybe he’s still coming home.